Canis Lupus

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Here are pics of my wolves.
Natasha was my first. I got her when she was 5 weeks old. She thought she was one of the dogs. She would meet me each night when I came home, with a cross between a howl and a wimper. She loved everyone.
Majic was my second. I got him when he was 4 months old. He had been abused by a previous owner. He never got over that. He was always afraid of everyone.
They are both gone...I miss them alot >:(

Attachments

• natasha1.JPG
    natasha1.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 294
  • natasha2.JPG
    natasha2.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 298
  • majic1.JPG
    majic1.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 294
  • majic2.JPG
    majic2.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 298
OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
They were actually wolf hybrids. 98.5% Gray Timberwolf, and I can't remember what the other 1.5% was. They were registered.
Thank you :)

TW

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
What beautiful animals! I've had the pleasure to meet a few in my life and they are a very intellegent animal. Sorry you miss them, I lost my two little guys this year and miss them allot!

Thanks for sharing!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Soooo glad you finally posted these pics! They are gorgeous! I wanted one for a long time, what incredible animals! Thanks so much for sharing!

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I wasn't aware you could have a wolf as a pet so I learned something today ;D. Of course, I guess I just thought it wasn't legal...don't know why. They are beautiful animals and probably make extremely good pets. Sorry you don't have them anymore.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tom, Sorry your Wolves are no longer with
you, I am sure you enjoyed them for a while.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Yep, I liked them alot.
And it is true, you can not legally own a wolf. The way around this is...the hybrid wolf.
They are nearly 100% wolf, but they have papers stating that they are hybrid.
I am pretty sure that this is just a legal loop-hole.
Wolves have certain traits that dogs do not.
Their sense of smell is amazing. Their hair is different, and they have a unique odor. Dogs pick up on this odor real quick.They can chew right through the metal door of a trailer house, or a chain link fence (mine did when he was scared). Basket balls and coffee cans last about 5 min. before they are destroyed (they just love to chew on things) :)
Wolves are not for everyone, but after owning two of them, I find them to be very good pets.

Timberwolf

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think there's another small loophole... specifically in owning wolves, hawks, and eagles. It's called (I believe?) a BIA card. You have to have a very high percentage of Native American heritage in your bloodline... they also will pay for college for you, and other such benefits. My mom has always wanted my brother and I to fill out for one, but that requires us doing a full time consuming family tree research paper. My great grandfather did one a little under 100 years ago and got us all the way back to Chief Sitting Bull as one of my greatest grandfathers. None of us has been able to locate all of his research. I'm assuming it was lost when he died. :-\
Maybe one day again....

Bran <><

P.S. I think there's also another way for a tribal member to push for their tribal counsel to adopt you into their tribe. They can do it because the tribe is their own entity and separate from the government, aside from the finances they receive from the government. Lots of interesting stuff....

P.S.S. We also had two dogs, a brother and sister, who were part wolf and part chow. My parents had to have them finally put to sleep because of their age, but they never acted like normal dogs. Our neighbor next door also owns a hybrid wolf. He had some puppies some years ago and sold them because he couldn't take care of more than he already had.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful wolves. There's someone on the forum who has had a few wolves...my mind has gone blank on her name. Hope someone can recall her name. Came back to modify cause I remembered...it's Ashleen.

;) RR

OP
OP
Timberwolf

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
River Rat,

Thanks for the post. I will try and look her up :)

TW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread