worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
With the rains we've had greenery is exploding,two of five fields to mow..

K1600_DSCN4844.JPG

K1600_DSCN4853.JPG
Once the sod is harvested mowing stops and weeds take over,I guess this would be called turkey in the straw then..

K1600_DSCN4795.JPG

Each female has a brood..

K1600_DSCN4798.JPG

Driving by the young separate from the elders..

K1600_DSCN4796.JPG

Off they go headed to the woods,they get to the edge of the field and take flight,not very far though maybe 10 feet off the ground..

K1600_DSCN4835.JPG

A bit further and I see this guy scoping the situation out,all he did was look.

K1600_DSCN4841.JPG

My melons are getting there,be nice when their ready.(Not as big as Ron's though. :laughing7:)

DSCN4856.JPG

DSCN4859.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I had a bunch of turkeys hanging around here in the yard last winter. One day an eagle flew over, and the turkeys freaked out and got under the brush real quick. :laughing7:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This year the east coast has had a grass bonanza. My yard looks like it did in May still! I made myself sick when I was a kid eating watermelon and haven't liked them since. People look at me like I am fibbing when I say I pass on watermelon:dontknow:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This year the east coast has had a grass bonanza. My yard looks like it did in May still! I made myself sick when I was a kid eating watermelon and haven't liked them since. People look at me like I am fibbing when I say I pass on watermelon:dontknow:
That happen to me over to much sweet corn once when I was a kid. I declined eating it for the longest time. My Mom would keep asking me every time we had it "do you want some sweet corn" and I'd say no. Finally after the hundredth time she asked. I asked her " why in the heck do you keep asking me if I want sweet corn when you pretty much can bet I don't want any. She just said well! you use to like it and it's really good this time of the year. Told her I'm sorry for jumping on her about asking me over and over on the sweet corn. Finally the feeling of sweet corn making me feel sick ended and I now love the it. We get some really tasty corn from the Western region of Colorado right now and I just had some last Sunday. It's so good this time of the season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions