Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took Miss Daisy for her late afternoon walk along the river today. We had just left an old fellow that told me he and his dog had surprised a nice sized bear yesterday on this same trail when I heard a snort from the woods. After hearing it 3 or 4 more times and deciding I wasn't going to get to see it, I snorted back a couple times and it stopped. Deciding the brush was just too thick, we walked another 60 yards or so and I see white tail and a deer's backside as it jumps away from us. It runs a bit further into the woods and stops. All I can see is antlers! I raise the camera and snap 7 or 8 pics. Man, it sure looks nice in the viewfinder! The antlers are so big, the autofocus has no problem picking it out among the branches between us. The buck finally runs away and I quickly check the pics on the LCD. $#@#$!!!!! The pics were almost black:BangHead: It hits me then...I still have the settings in manual mode and set for when I was trying to take hummingbird shots in bright light:BangHead: Not sure what I said, but it wasn't rated PG, I am sure:laughing7:
I came home and adjusted the exposure 'till I could make out the deer. This is why the shots are so noisy ( grainy ). Sorry for these but man he sure was beautiful and I wanted to share him. I guess it could have been worse...I could have left the lens cap on:laughing7:

K1600_Buck.JPG K1600_Buck2.JPG K1600_Buck3.JPG K1600_buck4.JPG K1600_buck5.JPG K1600_buck6.JPG

Crowfriend

Apr 29, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think they are wonderful! They gots a mood and that's what I like.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would a hug help ya feel a little better? :unhappysmiley: Sill there not all that bad. If only I got a perfect shot of all the things I've encountered. That morning I went on a bike ride on the trail that goes along the Bear river in Wyoming, I was just coming to a bridge that crossed the river when I saw this buck stepping out on the other side of the river. I just couldn't get the camera out fast enough and turned on and focus in on this buck who never had a clue I was there before I could get what I saw as a beautiful shot of him just crossing a river without a care in the world. I only posted the doe and fawn I saw and not this one of my little exploration that morning. I also missed an opportunity of 3 sand hill cranes in perfect light fly right over my head. :sadsmiley:

Attachments

• buck in evanston.jpg
    buck in evanston.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol. While I was talking to the old fellow, an eagle flew upriver behind him. If he hadn't been there, I would have tried getting some shots of it and would have seen my settings then. Oh well, getting to see it was nice. 4 or 5 weeks ago I saw a bigger bodied 6 point there. Wonder how big he is now:icon_scratch:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a gorgeous buck OD!

Hope he gets edumacated, real quick, otherwise he won't keep that nice
rack til the end of your deer season.

Had a go at a couple of them, and was able to reduce the noise level
a bit:

K1600_Buck-2.jpg

K1600_buck4-2.jpg

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ah Yeah, much better! Thank you for the pm and offering to fix them a bit! I actually adjusted them with windows 10 instead of my editing software.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
With the exception of the bright green ,your pics may not be too different from what your subject sees.
Nice pics regardless.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome group of shots of a nice big buck!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Sure glad this thread was still bouncing around out there. Has been quite busy these past few days and I missed this one.

OD, great story, and still great pics!! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread