My crooked tailed fence lizard

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Guy lives in my little rock garden. Very friendly and easy to recognize! crookie tail 003.JPG

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OJG, I thought you were going to share a pic of Brad by your title!:laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure he's not very bug friendly. I had one of those little green chameleon's when I was a kid. I'd go catch flies for her and it was so fun to watch her creep up so slowly to the fly and then BAM that long tongue would shoot like a bullet and the fly was gone in a flash. I found out it was a she when it left a tiny little egg in the terrarium. I was so excited with the thought of having a baby chameleon coming, until I was told it would never hatch, because there needs to be a daddy chameleon also. This egg is like the kind the chickens lay that were never meant to have chicks in them I was told. I didn't understand at the time what the adults were all telling me other then it's one thing they say just to burst your bubble was all I was thinking they were up to. I stayed hopeful for a while, but the little egg just kind of crinkled up like a raisin and never did nothing :(

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure he's not very bug friendly. I had one of those little green chameleon's when I was a kid. I'd go catch flies for her and it was so fun to watch her creep up so slowly to the fly and then BAM that long tongue would shoot like a bullet and the fly was gone in a flash. I found out it was a she when it left a tiny little egg in the terrarium. I was so excited with the thought of having a baby chameleon coming, until I was told it would never hatch, because there needs to be a daddy chameleon also. This egg is like the kind the chickens lay that were never meant to have chicks in them I was told. I didn't understand at the time what the adults were all telling me other then it's one thing they say just to burst your bubble was all I was thinking they were up to. I stayed hopeful for a while, but the little egg just kind of crinkled up like a raisin and never did nothing :(

Which reminds me of the time my grand daughter bought some fish. One was a guppy and the other some exotic looking thing. She was all excited, hoping they would have some babies. I tried to delicately explain that there had to be a boy and a girl of the same kind of fish. I could tell I was going way over her head, so let it go. That night I got a phone call from a very excited little girl, "You're wrong grandpa, they had babies." I guess the guppy was a pregnant female, and they don't lay eggs, they have live birth. Anyhow, I didn't try and explain anymore, she got her wish and I didn't want to mess things up.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which reminds me of the time my grand daughter bought some fish. One was a guppy and the other some exotic looking thing. She was all excited, hoping they would have some babies. I tried to delicately explain that there had to be a boy and a girl of the same kind of fish. I could tell I was going way over her head, so let it go. That night I got a phone call from a very excited little girl, "You're wrong grandpa, they had babies." I guess the guppy was a pregnant female, and they don't lay eggs, they have live birth. Anyhow, I didn't try and explain anymore, she got her wish and I didn't want to mess things up.
Nothing like the heart of a child. Imagine if they were our world leaders.

OP
OP
O

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This Guy or girl, which ever, was living on the deck by my pond. It was there every day when I went to feed the Koi. I could just almost touch him. then one morning it was not there, but a big old snake skin on the deck. I thought oh no, that darn snake ate my crooked tail. But a couple weeks later I was watering my plants in my little rock garden and there he was. Like I say, unless there are two with these crooked tails, he is easy to recognize. crookie tail 004.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread