Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Home of the Georgetown Loop railroad and the Hotel de Paris, a first class French restaurant in an 1870's silver mining camp, started by former miner Frenchman Louis Dupuy. In its time it was pretty much known the world over. After his death in 1900, it was discovered that Louis Dupuy was an alias, and his real name was Adolph Gerard, but still a genuine Frenchman. Didn't make it as a miner, but he was known as one of the best cooks in the entire Colorado Territory.

Attachments

• 8-30a.jpg
    8-30a.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 8-30b.jpg
    8-30b.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 8-30c.jpg
    8-30c.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 8-30d.jpg
    8-30d.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 8-30e.jpg
    8-30e.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 61

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it was a beautiful day with very little wind on the lake. Thanks for sharing! Beautiful pictures. :icon_thumleft:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mama and I took the Georgetown train loop ride this last winter on the Christmas light ride train. Danged! if Santa Claus didn't pop in for all us kids in the coach car. I was so excited to see the real Santa on the train I could hardly contain myself. :hello2: Kind of a fun little, spur of the moment thing my wife came up with that night for us to do. She loves all the Christmas lights and that seasonal hype. You need to take you wife to GT during the Christmas season RG, She'll love ya for. Hot Coco and fire roasted chestnuts brings the goodness out a ya. It dang near did on me.

Attachments

• geotown 1.jpg
    geotown 1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 57
  • geotown 2.jpg
    geotown 2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured that was shut down in the winter, tr, but that would be a sight to see.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured that was shut down in the winter, tr, but that would be a sight to see.
It runs with the diesel Loco. for this event for few weeks during the holiday season only I think?. They run with the steam engine in the warmer months during tourist season. If I was a billionaire I'd reconstruct the old narrow gauge that ran over the way of Saint Elmo as a tourist attraction. That Durango train is jam packed every year as too the Chama NM train and that one is like a time warp going back to the way it must have looked back in the day with all the sights and sounds to go along with the experience of the ride. Big business old train rides are.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! GORGEOUS PICs to you and tamrock!! Christmas looks really quaint!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So RG, did you make a run over Guanella pass? Just wondering why your so far east of the divide. That be a nice little day trip going over Guanella and back to Breckenridge over Boreas pass I would think??

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It runs with the diesel Loco. for this event for few weeks during the holiday season only I think?. They run with the steam engine in the warmer months during tourist season. If I was a billionaire I'd reconstruct the old narrow gauge that ran over the way of Saint Elmo as a tourist attraction. That Durango train is jam packed every year as too the Chama NM train and that one is like a time warp going back to the way it must have looked back in the day with all the sights and sounds to go along with the experience of the ride. Big business old train rides are.

You got that right! The old lady and I were just talking about doing one here during the fall foliage time.

Those are some really beautiful pictures RGINN:occasion14:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinkin about Guanella Pass but my back still prefers smooth roads. Boreas Pass is pretty much flooded with bicyclists these days and will try your patience. Third time I've been east of the divide this year.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinkin about Guanella Pass but my back still prefers smooth roads. Boreas Pass is pretty much flooded with bicyclists these days and will try your patience. Third time I've been east of the divide this year.
I remember me and some of my mining buds went over to Crested Butte around maybe 1979 ?? and I saw this bicycle with a heavy type front fork with a big balloons tires on the front and back. It even had a front drum break and was a totally modified looking concept bicycle it was. It was parked out front of a bar we stopped at and as I was checking it out a fella jumped on it and I asked him whats up with the heavy duty looking bicycle?. He said MAN we call these things Stump Jumpers and we got a club where we all ride em in the mountains and It's a blast. It was that group of folks from California and Crested Butte that began what is now the worldwide activity of mountain biking. I found a picture of what I remembered they looked like. Heck the fella in this photo could be the very guy I talked to that day for all I know? Crested Butte has a mountain bike museum to put claim to their early development of the sport. I stopped by it once to look and see if they had any of those old style mountain bikes I remembered seeing back then. Little did I know what would become of it all back then.

Attachments

• early mountain bike.png
    early mountain bike.png
    149.2 KB · Views: 62

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
RGINN, totally breathtaking!! The visual effects of calm water -- -- -- that's truly an amazing experience! I've never been in mountainous regions, but the mountains there, reflecting in that calm, blue mirror.... totally breathtaking!! :notworthy:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions