Colored glass from the river I've been collecting.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have been picking this up at a certain spot on the river bank for two years now,It has to be stained glass.I just wonder where they used it.

DSCN5655.JPG

DSCN5646.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone probably tossed an old early 20th century Tiffany lampshade in the river in the 1950s when the style was no longer in fashion. Oh well if only they knew what the future had in store for old Tiffany lamps. I pickup old pieces of glass out in the old coalmine site behind where I live. Yours are all old slag glass.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The old lady used to be friends with a woman here who's father started a stained glass business. It was passed on to her and her husband. She decided she wanted to start a fitness business and was able to do so with money some guy flew in and paid her for an old Tiffany lamp her father had taken as payment many years ago. You are definitely right about them Tamrock. It is crazy, isn't it?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The old lady used to be friends with a woman here who's father started a stained glass business. It was passed on to her and her husband. She decided she wanted to start a fitness business and was able to do so with money some guy flew in and paid her for an old Tiffany lamp her father had taken as payment many years ago. You are definitely right about them Tamrock. It is crazy, isn't it?
Who know where that glass came from :dontknow: It is flat like maybe it came from a stain glass window.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone probably tossed an old early 20th century Tiffany lampshade in the river in the 1950s when the style was no longer in fashion. Oh well if only they knew what the future had in store for old Tiffany lamps. I pickup old pieces of glass out in the old coalmine site behind where I live. Yours are all old slag glass.

Slag glass..explain please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread