Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your yard looks like it is a nice place to hang out and watch the creatures.:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your yard looks like it is a nice place to hang out and watch the creatures.:icon_thumright:

It used to be a lot better. I had deer, turkeys, quail and rabbits. I even saw a fox one time. Then they developed the property behind mine and now I mostly have stray dogs and cats.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At one time my backyard looked free and open all the way to Nebraska, but the city of Boulder put some restrictions on new home development within their limits and they started building everywhere around me. They even split up a portion of Boulder county and created the new county of Broomfield and even a new town called Anthem built on a hillside that was open country I could once view from my backyard. I would see these little brown lizards, fox and pheasants around the fields 25 plus years ago, but I haven't seen any of those now in years. They did set aside a lot of open space lands that you can still get out to enjoy nature within this rapid developing world, which makes it nice for people to enjoy. Most the fox I see now have moved into the older residential areas that have been around with the old growth vegetation of a 100 years or so, I believe the fox find those areas safer from coyote that have run them out of the limited open country we now have around here now.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics, I see those blue tail lizards every time I'm in NC.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics, I see those blue tail lizards every time I'm in NC.

This one was only about 4 inches long I have seen them as big as 12 inches. They look like a snake at first glance. My yorkie chases one out of the flower bed almost every day. He will pounce and the lizard will run back between his legs and up the brick wall. Charlie almost got him once but all he ended up with was the tail. Now I have a stumpy lizard but his tail is growing back. Maybe I will be lucky enough to gt a picture of him in the coming days.

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It used to be a lot better. I had deer, turkeys, quail and rabbits. I even saw a fox one time. Then they developed the property behind mine and now I mostly have stray dogs and cats.

Don't worry. The turkeys may stay around. This is the back of one of my neighbor's houses:

Guest.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread