tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took this closeup yesterday morning as a light rain was coming down. This Virginia creeper has completely covered the whole back patio and the berries are a source of food for various birds and other animals. At night the Raccoons come for the berries and the birds will feed on the dried berries well into the winter along with the squirrels. In the spring when they blossom with little yellow flowers there are so many honey bees you can feel the vibration of their buzzing with so many of them collecting the pollen of it's thousands of tiny flowers. The cat will sleep on the back of a patio chair for hours in the shade of this little jungle I created with just one plant I dug from the side of the garage more then a decade or so ago and planted on a corner of this trellis I put up around a concrete slab in the back.

Attachments

• vines 2.jpg
    vines 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
My first reaction was to look the Virginia Creeper up to see if the berries were edible. Unfortunately they are toxic to humans.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first reaction was to look the Virginia Creeper up to see if the berries were edible. Unfortunately they are toxic to humans.
I did that also a long time ago, as I wondered about that same idea.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you let them grow on a 6' chainlink fence they make a good privacy fence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread