Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She expressed a desire for one of those, since we were in an area with a large historic Hispanic population maybe we could find one, so I said sure. This morning we broke camp and I took her south to Taos, New Mexico. Thought about spendin the night there actually in a kinda upscale hotel but kinda got a runaround on how expensive it was, and maybe come back later as they didn't have one ready, etc. etc. My damn hat cost more than their room rate but no big deal. No big thing, came back to Colorado this evening. Checked out the Rio Grande Gorge NW of Taos. Got the ristra, too, and not a bad deal really. $15 per 2 foot.

Attachments

• 9-22b.jpg
    9-22b.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 52
  • 9-22c.jpg
    9-22c.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 9-22d.jpg
    9-22d.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 50
  • 9-22e.jpg
    9-22e.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 9-22g.jpg
    9-22g.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 51

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank goodness for the internet! I had no idea what a ristra was:tongue3:. Interesting looking gorge.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya should a bought up a bed load of dried chili and make some rista's to sell up in Frisco. I bet they'd all sell out u there. My wife and I have taken a couple trips down that way to Tao's and Santa Fe. I've stayed countless times at the Tao's Super 8, but when my wife goes we'd stay at the Tao's Inn.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oops! You were supposed to get a pic of the chilis, but you got me instead. Yep, Maria found the Ol' Ristra, lounging around Taos Plaza waitin on the zztop tour bus. Sorry. Here's another pic of the ristra. 2nd pic in the original post is the courtyard of Kit Carson's house. 9-23f.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got scolded by a cop once for jump'n over the fence at the rim of the canyon to walk father down the edge of it. He let me slide, but told me he could right me up for trespassing. I was deeply sorry and told him it'll never happen again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread