Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took a little vacation to visit family in Kentucky last week. Most pics were family but these 2 were a couple cell pics ( not good quality, sorry ).This is at Wolf Creek Dam on Lake Cumberland in Kentucky. One pic below the dam and the other of the lake at the dam.

Below the Dam.jpg Lake Cumberland at Wolf Creek Dam.jpg

This morning, I took Miss Daisy for a walk and a few old buddies welcomed me back!
2 different foxes at opposite ends of the farm...

First one

K1600_IMG_6942.JPG K1600_IMG_6943.JPG

Second one

K1600_IMG_6963.JPG K1600_IMG_6944.JPG

When we got back almost to the vehicle, these twins were waiting. One still has spots and the other doesn't.

Spot.JPG No Spot Profile.JPG No Spot Ears.JPG Dancing Spot.JPG Twins.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Friends for Old Dude. Couldn't get any better then that. There was a mine I dealt with up in the Rockies some time ago and the miners would feed this fox. The mine closed down and I stopped by after they shut down to see if anyone was left. All were gone and no one was left and as I was walking back to my truck that fox came out of the pines and right up to me like a dog begging for a treat. Had to say sorry there fox, but I ain't got nothing for ya. When I worked underground I once saw underground a fox running ahead towards the portal with some aluminum in his mouth. It went in the mine to raid the trash cans by the lunch rooms. Sometimes there'd be as many as 3 fox standing at the exit to the dry were we got back in our street clothes waiting for handouts from us heading to our carpool. Looks like you had some good weather at least unlike Elvis did.

Kentucky rain keeps pouring down
And up ahead's another town
That I'll go walking thru
With the rain in my shoes,
Searchin for you
In the cold Kentucky rain,

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Some really nice shots O D.

I had to touch this one up a bit..curious looker for sure.

Dancing Spot.JPG

You won't find one more tender.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice shots OD.

I hope that you are doing well sir.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Old Friends for Old Dude. Couldn't get any better then that. There was a mine I dealt with up in the Rockies some time ago and the miners would feed this fox. The mine closed down and I stopped by after they shut down to see if anyone was left. All were gone and no one was left and as I was walking back to my truck that fox came out of the pines and right up to me like a dog begging for a treat. Had to say sorry there fox, but I ain't got nothing for ya. When I worked underground I once saw underground a fox running ahead towards the portal with some aluminum in his mouth. It went in the mine to raid the trash cans by the lunch rooms. Sometimes there'd be as many as 3 fox standing at the exit to the dry were we got back in our street clothes waiting for handouts from us heading to our carpool. Looks like you had some good weather at least unlike Elvis did.

Kentucky rain keeps pouring down
And up ahead's another town
That I'll go walking thru
With the rain in my shoes,
Searchin for you
In the cold Kentucky rain,

Elvis had 2 or 3 songs I liked...that is one of them! The ground was so dry there, it was cracking. It actually rained a soaking, slow rain all night and part of the next morning while I was there. It was much needed!

Some really nice shots O D.

I had to touch this one up a bit..curious looker for sure.

View attachment 1362678

You won't find one more tender.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

A fellow at work showed me a pic of a very small deer he shot one year. I asked if he was shooting at Mom and knocked the one he got off the teat!:laughing7:

Nice shots OD.

I hope that you are doing well sir.

Thanks Tom! I hope the protests in Charlotte aren't affecting your detecting. Stay safe!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
A fellow at work showed me a pic of a very small deer he shot one year. I asked if he was shooting at Mom and knocked the one he got off the teat!

Sadly, it's a common thing here for hunters to get a bambi or two for feeding the hunting party during deer season. I think it's mostly from out-of-towners, but really have no idea for sure. Just know that every deer season, I'll see the remains of a very small bambi laying along the sides of the road, like it was dumped there. ...How can they be charged if they've already eaten the evidence?? :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread