VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! GORGEOUS PICS!! Colors are phenomenal!! Thanks!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful. My wife and I headed to Rocky Mt. Nat. Pk today, but hit a line of bumper to bumper traffic backed up to Lyons Colo, so we decided it just won't be worth all that. :(

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures. Be good ones for calendar.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They had a live feed from RMNP and goin on and on about it on the Weather Channel this morning, tr, so I guess every body decided to load up and go. Wasn't much better down at BV. Lots of rock climbers, ATV riders, and looky loos for the 'fall foliage', too much traffic, so I finally got disgusted and came back home. Then I realized today is Saturday, so I decided that was my mistake.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's always the fall colors taking place a little later on in southern half of Utah and Western Colorado. It's not the Aspen's and all, but the cottonwoods, shrubs and willows of the bosque terrain have a certain beauty of their own in the arid landscapes. That's when everyone leaves also. You feel like your the only one around in some places in that vast country of the Colorado plateau. It is the full effect of what a real indian summer is with the fall colors ta boot.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man, you guys must really get disgusted with all the tourists? Sounds like the people that actually live in Colorado can't get to enjoy it for the ones hogging it all up:dontknow:

Oh yeah...beautiful pics RGINN!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually OD, that would be hypocritical to get disgusted with tourists for me. That's how we make our money, and those Texans have paid for 3 new trucks for me in the last 12 years. I don't care a whole lot for most of that Front Range crowd, but it is kinda cool to visit with folks from other states and countries.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually I need to make a career change to the tourist industry. The hard rock miners of the Rockies are all but gone now. My biggest customers who are mine contractors are all doing work in the salt mines back in New York and Louisiana these days. Still the blasting contractors of the mountains will have a lot of work ahead in the state because the roads need to be bigger and wider for the ever increasing wave of people who are coming to visit and stay in Colorado. On the bright side, all that's had a very positive effect on my property value.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
My buddy in South Dakota has the same problem. He's not too far from Mt. Rushmore and Sturgis!! Every year when Sturgis is happening, he retreats into the mine to avoid all the noisy motorcycles. Unfortunately, the tourism there is going through the roof!

We're a little too used to our quiet life. House sits about 1/4 mile off the main road, and only a few vehicles per day ever go by on the main road. Usually can't even hear them. Not a lot of aircraft in the area either. Only time it ever gets busy is opening weekend of deer season. There were a couple of years where bag limits could be as high as 6, 8, even 9 deer per person, so we were overrun by hunters from ALL OVER!! And for those seasons, it was very scary being out here. People shooting high-power rifles without knowing what's beyond this cluster of trees or that patch of really tall grasses or reeds.

One year, there were hunting parties that would drop people off in the morning and pick them up in the evening. The people didn't use stands as the deer were so overpopulated that if you didn't have a kill or two a day, then you better get out of the dang bed!! I remember this one big tub-O-lard that was hoofing it across the field behind us. We also had our blaze orange on, but weren't hunting. Even so, we were actually quite stupid for even being outside that year! Anyway, I was watching this big dude with binoculars. He didn't like that at all. Before long, he kept trying to find some place to hide from view. I swear, there really are people out there that think they can hide behind a small tree. Imagine some big tub-O-lard dressed in full BLAZE ORANGE and trying to hide behind a tree that is at MOST 4"-5" diameter!! We dang near exploded we were laughing so hard!! ...Hmm, it would seem I have gone a bit astray here. Ok, back to the topic at hand!: -- -- -- -- CRICKETS CHIRPING -- -- -- --

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread