Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went back to the friary's duck pond yesterday. The little mallards have grown up and I can now tell the males and females. I used to think the males were the prettiest but have found a new sense of awe with the muted earthy colors the females have.

K1600_IMG_7004.JPG K1600_IMG_7024.JPG K1600_IMG_7026.JPG

I guess this one is a Crested Blue Swedish Duck. I just call it "topknot". It reminds me of the Japanese samurai:tongue3:

K1600_IMG_7035.JPG K1600_IMG_7036.JPG

Muscovy duck ( I just looked it up. I had no idea what this one was lol. )...

Attachments

• K1600_IMG_7069.JPG
    K1600_IMG_7069.JPG
    224.7 KB · Views: 47

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those ducks look like they're interbreeding with wild ducks. There's a park in Montrose Colorado where the wild ducks and domestic ducks have done some serious inbreeding and there are some real goofy looking duck in the pond at that park. I'll think about getting some pictures of them sometime. I also recall when I lived in Fair Oaks California I was close to the American river flood plain and would explore the trails and pathways there all the time and there were wild rabbits that interbreed with domestic bunnies running around there. They would have all kinds of color combinations such as the natural grey hair on the body, but have a pure white hair head. I'd say that one duck has what's called a "man-bun" :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread