Biscuits

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been batching for several months, and my cooking just aint going to well. I eat out a lot, or something frozen that I can nuke. Then the other day I thought some corn bread type biscuits sounded good. Love corn bread and milk, so I figured why not. Got these (as Rooster Cogburn used to say) corn dodgers at the store, and all I had to do is stick them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Except I forgot them for an hour. I'm afraid extra butter didn't even help. If I had enough of them I could have built a patio.

A1B.jpg

A1A.jpg

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good thing you did not burn down the House Or Broken a Tooth On Those Bricks Chug

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made chilli tonight along with cornbread from Jiffy mix. Its so simple to do. I always write the time to check it in the oven on my hand.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7: Sorry! Just a little ''EXTRA crispy'' I see. Wish you better luck next time. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
If anyone had told me that some day I would be taking pictures of burnt biscuits with a telephone I would have accused them of being totally out of their mind.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
You need to get yourself a digital kitchen timer. I like the digital ones, as it's often difficult to get an exact time from the older kind. Also, they beep rather loud so is easy to hear. We have a couple made by Accu-Rite. Tried some of the el-cheapo's but hated them, so go with something that has a recognizable name. Here's one made by KitchenAid that seems to have good reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-C...itchen+timer&refinements=p_89:KitchenAid&th=1

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You need to get yourself a digital kitchen timer. I like the digital ones, as it's often difficult to get an exact time from the older kind. Also, they beep rather loud so is easy to hear. We have a couple made by Accu-Rite. Tried some of the el-cheapo's but hated them, so go with something that has a recognizable name. Here's one made by KitchenAid that seems to have good reviews:
https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-C...itchen+timer&refinements=p_89:KitchenAid&th=1

Thanks, I'll sure do that. Love Amazon, and the timer looks simple enough I won't even have the get my grandson to set it up.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When my dear old mother started making biscuits, she had to stand in a chair to reach the kitchen counter. She still makes the absolute best ones in the world for me when I am there at breakfast time. Warm biscuits and some of her homemade grape jelly are all the world needs!

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
When my dear old mother started making biscuits, she had to stand in a chair to reach the kitchen counter. She still makes the absolute best ones in the world for me when I am there at breakfast time. Warm biscuits and some of her homemade grape jelly are all the world needs!

Oh man, can I come over for breakfast?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I laughed so hard that brought tears to my eyes. Y'all got a hockey team up there you could donate them to? haha! I shouldn't make too much fun, cause I don't cook in a very refined manner on one of those stoves. Just turn it up and get it hot real quick. Reminds me of letting the oldest grandson cook breakfast one time campin. "You saw me do it yesterday, so today it's your turn nieto." I will give him credit cause he jumped right in there. He got the fire too big, and we pretty much had charcoal pancakes for breakfast. And yeah we ate em cause that's all we had to eat. He learned a valuable lesson, because after that he let me do all the cookin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread