tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took these coming back from the Nevada Desert to the Colorado Rockies. Las Vegas is a 2001' in elevation and you can have palm trees there. As I went higher I took a picture of about the last Joshua tree I was to see and photographed the change in all color on the way home. I decided I would enter Colorado from Utah south of Moab so I could experience all the change within the heart of the Rockies. I got to the top of highway 62 which is 8983' in elevation at around 6:PM and just in time before it got to dark to take anymore pictures of all the Fall Colors. It's cooling down quite a lot in the higher elevations now. I'm surprised I didn't see all the drizzle turn to snow yet. I bet it'll be snow covered the next time I'm up that high.

Attachments

• trees 1.jpg
    trees 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • trees 2.jpg
    trees 2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 48
  • trees 3.jpg
    trees 3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 39
  • trees 4.jpg
    trees 4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 52
  • trees 5.jpg
    trees 5.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 40
  • trees 6.jpg
    trees 6.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 47

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do they have to adjust a vehicle's fuel/air mixture at that elevation to compensate for anything? Enquiring minds wanna know:laughing7:.
When I was out taking pics with Miss Daisy yesterday, I noticed some vines turning red and a couple splashes of orange here and there. More green still than anything though. Looks like we will have a good year for foliage. Nice pics as always!:icon_thumright:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Like those high country trees way better than the palm trees.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do they have to adjust a vehicle's fuel/air mixture at that elevation to compensate for anything? Enquiring minds wanna know:laughing7:.
When I was out taking pics with Miss Daisy yesterday, I noticed some vines turning red and a couple splashes of orange here and there. More green still than anything though. Looks like we will have a good year for foliage. Nice pics as always!:icon_thumright:
Vehicles today do all that on they're own with elect fuel injection OD. I've lived and worked at 10'000 ft plus in the later 70's and your 400 cubic inch 4 barrel Bonneville would have plenty of power to get around. Sand bags in the trunk and good snow tires was a requirement in the winter of course with rear wheel drive. It's when those carb'd Japanese 4 banger's of the early 80's came along you had to tweek things to get the most out of them. Some of those wouldn't go faster then 30 mpr up the high steep grades I remember.

EastCoastmetal

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2016
Nova Scotia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pictures, I will take my fall tree colors over palm trees anytime, but the cold I could do with out :tongue3:

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures, I will take my fall tree colors over palm trees anytime, but the cold I could do with out :tongue3:
Those palm trees could be fake for all I know :dontknow:. Just about ever other thing is in that town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread