tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last weekend my daughter and I stopped by an old cemetery and we saw this very old and heavy ornate cast iron chair by a grave. I saw a chain attached to the chair, so it wouldn't be stolen, as it did look like something someone would steal. Lifting the chain out of all the dried pine needles I find it's locked with this very old padlock that looks if it's been locked up for a very long time by the style of the old padlock. I doubt the person who has the key for it isn't around anymore either.

Attachments

• cem 2.jpg
    cem 2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 72
  • cem 3.jpg
    cem 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 68

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I doubt the key would work on that lock. Love the chair.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that lock looks to have been closed a 100 years or more?. I'm thinking the chair is at least that old also?.

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The padlock is over a hundred years old.... No telling when it was locked on the chair though.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The padlock is over a hundred years old.... No telling when it was locked on the chair though.
It's an old cemetery. Most of the folks in this area had died in the late 19th century. I found it odd that it was still there and that no one had stolen it in all these years. I do at times run across old bronze decor I believe were taken from grave sites for sale in antique shops. I know this chair would have a good value as an antique, but I'd never be so low to remove it. It kind of went without saying you'll be sorry at even the thought of taking it. I felt like a ghost uses it to sit with the one who's in the ground. :icon_pale:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions