Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was happy to see this fellow and his 10 ft wingspan RC plane yesterday afternoon. It has a 150cc engine and only weighs 40 lbs. He said it took him 2 years to build so I can imagine the distress a crash would cause. The original intent of this one was aerobatics because of the impressive power/weight ratio. He said it can " hover " with the nose up and then accelerate upward! He hadn't flown this one for about a year though so he wasn't going to do anything too technical.

K1600_Mike and Plane 2_1.JPG K1600_Mike and Plane_1.JPG K1600_Plane 8.JPG K1600_Plane 2.JPG K1600_Plane 4.JPG

Just before I left a couple guys showed up with some more common sized planes.

K1600_Yellow Plane 3.JPG K1600_Yellow Plane.JPG

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are cool to watch fly. I have flown in experimental aircraft and that is a blast too. Thanks for sharing

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smokes, you could give your cat a ride in that thing. Bet mine would sure enjoy going after bird's with his own airplane, instead of watching them fly overhead all the time. I worked for a crop duster long ago who had a real J3 Piper cub like that. He offered it to me for $2500. and lessons to learn how to fly it, if I worked two seasons for him. I opted for the paycheck instead. We were aways up and out by 4:AM before the sun would move the winds in the fields of Iowa so the herbicides spayed on corn wouldn't drift in to someone's field of soy beans.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread