F-15 Eagle flyover..4 of em in formation..

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
They flyover quite frequently,first time I see 4 together.

DSCN0024.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
As Mr. Max of VB would say.. "The Sound of Freedom" Nice Pic!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You no longer see low flying jets in Nevada like decades ago. I think this smart weapons technology has changed the need for strafing attacks. It was back in the 1990s I'd see fighters lower then the hilltops out there. Now ya only hear them so high in the sky you can barely spot them.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The Oregon guys fly low. I've been camped on Glass Butte, and they come right up the canyon, low enough you want to duck. Also have watched them at night, and they turn off their running lights, I've watched them do it. Must be camped under a specific training area. Friends were at Crater Lake, and hiked up to the highest point, and waved down at a couple of pilots flying F-16's into their base at Klamath Falls. Also was camped up by Oak Ridge, and we were shooting 16 lb bowling balls as high as we could make them go, and just after one shot, here came an F-16 right on the deck. That put a stop to our play, he came over low enough we all figured the range was fouled. A long time ago, I was out on the Black Rock desert in Nevada, and a B52 with a fighter on each wing came over so low the only reason I knew they weren't landing was because the gear was up. When I worked for a cow outfit on the Carson River the Nevada National Guard would fly over really low, and they were taking pictures pictures at low level, from horizon to horizon. Oh yeah, the Top Gun school is now at NAS Fallon, and the bombing range was located on the back end of the ranch I worked for. That was during the Viet Nam war.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm a military aircraft junkie, here in SE MI it is virtually a military free zone and I get my fix from airshows, here we got buzzed by an F-18 at takeoff a couple months ago, exhaust was such a blast that it blew half a dozen pop up sun shelters all over the place.

Last edited:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't been able to get any pictures of modern fighters, but I got some of a few older aircraft during a cruise I was on last summer.

Stearman.jpg

Zero_A6M.jpg

B25_2.jpg

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing beats being under a Blue Angels takeoff, this from last year at Willow run

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I used to watch the F-16's fly over Kunsan AB, ROK and really envied the pilots until I saw some of them laughing and NOT standing at attention as military code dictates when Retreat was being played at the end of the day. I guess they figured they were such hotshots, they made their own rules:dontknow:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
When I lived on Cosby Tenn. they would screem thru the Great Smoky Mountains.

I was down in Roanoke area last week visiting the Grandsons, they live on Smith Mountain lake,............ they do the same there with the low level passes...Boy what a rush to see those guys fly over. I've yet to catch one.. ..I'm getting older and there getting faster..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread