A cool place to sit (and wait for a meal to fly by)

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My pond is home to several frogs, I guess the Great Blue Heron did not eat them all. This guy was by the edge of the water sitting on the naturally growing Spaghum Moss that is very common around the pond and in the upper stretch of water. If you never walked in bare feet on it on a hot summer day, you don't know what you are missing. This Green Frog appreciates it I am sure. :)

Don

Attachments

• GreenFrog2.jpg
    GreenFrog2.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 241

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
very nice shot there! I can picture it in some magazine! :D can also imagine walkin in the moss, thanks for sharing!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool pic, Don!

;) RR

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Don....that is an absolutely fabulous shot! I can't even get to where I can see the frogs in my pond before....SPLASH!

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Howdy, Don. I'm not sure, but I'm hearing, that folks are keeping herons off their ponds, because they spread a lot of disease. Don't blast them in the head, their protected, but unless you like them, I would scare them off.

T

TreasureTales

Great picture. It almost looks as if the frog has a parasol (the overhanging plant).

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Nice capture Don! There's a lot going on there and the colors are really beautiful.

We have a little river running through the woods behind my house and I have a seen a heron or two also feeding there. A little while ago, one of my neighbors who has a koi fish pond said the heron swooped in and ate up about 15 of the 20 koi in his pond. I guess he got bored of the fish and things in the river.

Thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions