tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We're still hitting temps in the mid 70s during the days around here and the early morns are down to near freezing. I took a ride along the creek yesterday to see if I could find anything interesting and only spotted this owl relaxing in the shade of the woods along the creek. I had to follow it from tree to tree before I could get a decent shot, as it was quite bugged with me sneaking up on it every time it landed in another tree trying to get away from me. I finally got a couple shots, but the sunlight was at it's back and I didn't get all that good of a clear crisp shot of it. The look in it's eyes seems to go without saying "what the heck do you want from me there human". :icon_scratch: Still I find it fun and challenging to stalk these subjects and try to photo them. It's like hunting in a way with no harm done other then disturbing the owls peace for a few minutes out it's day in the woods.

Attachments

• bike ride 102116 2.jpg
    bike ride 102116 2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  • bike ride 102116 1.jpg
    bike ride 102116 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
  • bike ride 102116 3.jpg
    bike ride 102116 3.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:

ironman123

Sep 1, 2016
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400 w/DD Coil.
Nokta Makro Legend Pro Pak w/11" and 6" Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice picture. Peaceful looking.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are absolutely right about it being like hunting. I always feel the same. It is just as challenging and the reward is just as great. I would like to see owls here. Congrats. Your patience surely paid off for you and us!!

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
We're still hitting temps in the mid 70s during the days around here and the early morns are down to near freezing. I took a ride along the creek yesterday to see if I could find anything interesting and only spotted this owl relaxing in the shade of the woods along the creek. I had to follow it from tree to tree before I could get a decent shot, as it was quite bugged with me sneaking up on it every time it landed in another tree trying to get away from me. I finally got a couple shots, but the sunlight was at it's back and I didn't get all that good of a clear crisp shot of it. The look in it's eyes seems to go without saying "what the heck do you want from me there human". :icon_scratch: Still I find it fun and challenging to stalk these subjects and try to photo them. It's like hunting in a way with no harm done other then disturbing the owls peace for a few minutes out it's day in the woods.

I just had to see him better..

K1600_bike ride 102116 1.JPG

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looked a bit more highlighted on my laptop, but on my phone it looks darker, so I wasn't all that sure what it look like when I loaded to the site? Personally I thought too much highlight changed it's ture colors a bit off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions