sun and flowers 007.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 231

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Wow CG...those are some great pics....makes me want to take some with my Canon...cept it's dark outside :(

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
McSancho said:
flowers always remind me of dying.

I'm sorry for that. Flowers always remind me of new life. Every new blossom is a life in it's own. Flowers are a sign of spring, a sign of summer, a sign of fall, a sign of love. With out flowers there would be no fruit, no vegies, no beauty. We all need to stop every now and agian to smell the roses.

phxmark123

Apr 9, 2005
Sherman Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Photography is right up there with metal detecting. Here's a pic I am entering in a local art contest. Olympus E-500 pic of a Dahlia

Attachments

• dahliabw copy.jpg
    dahliabw copy.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 198

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Wow! They are gorgeous! Definitely enough to put a smile on a face! :D :D Thanks Sis! ~hugs~

T

TreasureTales

CG, those are some stunning flower photos. Thanks for posting them.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CG, not only beautiful photos and flowers but congrats on having such a nice variety of flowers, without the flowerbeds being there we would not have any photos like yours to look at! ;)

Don

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I love my flowers! I can't wait to show you the 24 Rose of sharon trees when they blossom, can't wait for you to see the burning bush this fall. I have spent allot of years on my perenials. If it has to do with dirt, I'm in it!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CG,

I see you are a lover of flowers almost as much as me. Beautiful colors too. I know the name of most of yours, but the 1st pic is baffling.

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Rose of Sharon a different tree than Althea? Then there's another called Confederate Rose. So confusing at times cause there's so many. I'll have to do some research.

Keep those bloomers coming...love em!

;) RR

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
River Rat said:
CG,

I see you are a lover of flowers almost as much as me. Beautiful colors too. I know the name of most of yours, but the 1st pic is baffling.

Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Rose of Sharon a different tree than Althea? Then there's another called Confederate Rose. So confusing at times cause there's so many. I'll have to do some research.

Keep those bloomers coming...love em!

;) RR

The first picture is an Easter Lilly not in full bloom yet, one of my favorites because of the unique color. The second is also an Easter Lilly.

The rose of sharon is actually a tree and will not blossom for a few more weeks but the flowers will last until fall. Gerry built me boxes out of railroad ties that go along the driveway, its a hill down to the road. along the road are the burning bush,behind those the forsythis, then the rose of sharon, top of the hill are the arbovites, so I have color pretty much all year. Pretty long, somewhere around 24 of each plant. I'll get pic's.

Yeah River I love my flowers! And everyone else's too!

T

TreasureTales

Sniff, sniff, sob, sniffle, sigh...I have neglected my flowers and now they are not speaking to me. While you girls have such lovely flowers to tend, I have a yard full of deadheads and suckers -- all ignoring me. Woe is me. Sigh.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
We'll come help you fix it up girl! I have a small confession to make, I have help, I could never keep up with it all myself. Working full time, and way to many hobbies to list, if I didn't have help I'd be in the same situation.

T

TreasureTales

Easter lilies? I am so envious. Here, the only color we see at Easter is white -- with an occasional yellow thrown in for variety. Your easter lilies are fabulous.

packerbacker, you may laugh at my deadheads, but I am so ashamed of myself for neglecting my babies. Such beauties they are when they are well tended and watered frequently. I hope they will forgive me and return to their former beauty soon. Alas, this is why I don't have pets. sigh

AHA, CG has help!!! Thanks CG, you and Sis and River Rat are always welcome to come visit. Just bring the men to work in the yard, and we'll go off treasure hunting. hehehe

beerbarrel

Jun 24, 2007
Houston
Fantastic Pics Country Girl!!!! This is one of the benefits I find in MD'ing is the beauty around us. When I go MD'ing, I always take the camera with me, there is so much out there to be thankful for!

Beerbarrel
(Texas)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread