tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I took a pretty long route around the SW part of Colorado. I stayed in Buena Vista Tuesday night as there are some customers of mine working at plugging old mines in the area for the EPA. I hit the road pretty early in the morning and took the 1st on the top of Poncha Pass before the sun came over the San Luis valley. On Wolf Creek pass heading to Durango I stopped at a pullout and took a few pictures of this Steller's Jay who was moving around like a ping pong ball scavenging for what ever it could amongst some rocks. After my stop in Durango I headed out on CO 550 and the high passes to Silverton and then Ouray. It was pretty cold up on top with some snow flurries coming down. There's a memorial on Red Mountain pass to honor the snow plow operators who have paid the ultimate sacrifice in order to keep a very dangerous road open in the winter for folks to drive.:icon_salut: PLEASE! give some thought this winter to the fella's up in that cab of a snow plow who's holding you up on the road the next time your stuck behind him. His mission is only to see to it you get home safe and not out to make your road trip a hassle. I took the last photo as we all came to an hour long halt on east bound I70 just west of Idaho Springs, it wasn't bad because I tuned into the world series win by the Cubs on the radio. I don't know what took place on the road as it didn't seem to be a major wreck, but I did see like 20 cops with lights flashing at the bottom of the west exit of Idaho Springs all surrounding a little subcompact car that hit a barrier under the I70 viaduct. The car looked like it hit that barrier at a very slow speed so maybe this shut down was all to catch a bad guy. :dontknow: I made it home just before midnight. :sleepy2:

Attachments

• trip 110216 1.jpg
    trip 110216 1.jpg
    928 KB · Views: 77
  • trip 110216 2.jpg
    trip 110216 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • trip 110216 3.jpg
    trip 110216 3.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • trip 110216 4.jpg
    trip 110216 4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 57
  • trip 110216 5.jpg
    trip 110216 5.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 56

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Do those Blue Jays stick around for the winter in your country. They do here, but our winters are very mild compared to yours. Very little snow and freezing, but lots of rain.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do those Blue Jays stick around for the winter in your country. They do here, but our winters are very mild compared to yours. Very little snow and freezing, but lots of rain.
These Steller's Jay's, live only in the mountains that I know of, as I've never seen them anywhere else and I believe they stay year round. The common Blue Jay's down here where I live do stick around all year long. In recent years I've noticed even the Robin's sticking around all year.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just up at Bishop's Castle yesterday and saw one of those jays bouncing around.... I'm in Pueblo for a few more days visiting my daughter, and itching to go hunt a couple spots here....

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just up at Bishop's Castle yesterday and saw one of those jays bouncing around.... I'm in Pueblo for a few more days visiting my daughter, and itching to go hunt a couple spots here....
So glade you got a chance to get out here in the state of Colorado. Hope you had good time. I've been to New Orleans once. I went to a trade show there in 2004. It was at the time of the Superbowl.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was that deal where a teenager with multiple warrants led police on a high speed chase on I-70 in a Honda Accura. He actually got up to speeds of 110 to 120. Best part is he tried a pit maneuver on a CSP unit, which did not work out too good for him. Then, he took off on foot and fell off the mountain and got hurt and they snagged him. Luckily, nobody involved was seriously injured.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was that deal where a teenager with multiple warrants led police on a high speed chase on I-70 in a Honda Accura. He actually got up to speeds of 110 to 120. Best part is he tried a pit maneuver on a CSP unit, which did not work out too good for him. Then, he took off on foot and fell off the mountain and got hurt and they snagged him. Luckily, nobody involved was seriously injured.
Thanks RG. I couldn't find anything about it on the news that night. One time I was out on I70 in central Utah and a UHP trooper stopped a lady for speeding. When the trooper approach her car, she put a pistol to her head and said if he came any closer she'll pull the trigger. Well that took hours sitting out there 50 miles west of Green River, UT before they talked her out it and they then could let us all move on down the road.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pics Grant!! We live in flatlander country, and I'd hate to be a snowplow operator here. Couldn't pay me enough to do that in the mountains!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread