tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are some I took along the way from Rock Springs Wyo. to Belgrade Mont. I didn't see much wildlife other then Antelope and Deer, but I did see some beautiful country. I went through Wyoming, Idaho and ended at mine operation in Virginia City Montana which is an old mine town that reminds me of the places you'd see along highway 49 in the gold rush country of California. It was a nice time in this region as the tourist season is over and things are pretty peaceful this time of the year. I was up out on the road at 4:30 AM from Rock Springs and I could have drove without headlights going north on Wyo. 191 with that super moon still in the sky on a brisk clear early Wyoming morning. Later in the day up here in Montana the rain has moved in and I may see some snow for the first time this year going home?

Attachments

• trip 111516 1.jpg
    trip 111516 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 57
  • trip 111516 2.jpg
    trip 111516 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
  • trip 111516 3.jpg
    trip 111516 3.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 58
  • trip 111516 4.jpg
    trip 111516 4.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 51
  • trip 111516 5.jpg
    trip 111516 5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 61

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These pictures make my day, thanks! Any trout in this river Tamrock?

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of mining history in that area. Virginia City used to be the territorial capital.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice country. Looks like they got a little more snow than we have. Supposed to come in tomorrow, so we'll see. Breck and Keystone have delayed but will finally open this weekend.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Never been to Virginia City, MT, it's on my bucket list. Worked for a cow outfit about 60 miles from Virginia City, Nevada. That one is about the most active "ghost town" you'll ever come across.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful scenery! Be careful in the snow if you get some.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These pictures make my day, thanks! Any trout in this river Tamrock?
I'm sure there would be. I believe it may have been the headwater to the Green River or some tributary? On my way to Virginia City I went through the town of Ennis, Montana, which is a mecca for fly fishing. That's a neat little town.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never been to Virginia City, MT, it's on my bucket list. Worked for a cow outfit about 60 miles from Virginia City, Nevada. That one is about the most active "ghost town" you'll ever come across.
Me and my later to be wife would go visit VCNV when I lived in the Sacramento area. That's a great place to visit VCMT was very dead and nothing in town was open, just the mine. They get a few visitors in the summer season, but this time of year it seem lifeless and like a real ghost town.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread