Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

Attachments

• chloride_az_murals_july_07.jpg
    chloride_az_murals_july_07.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 237
T

TreasureTales

Although I don't advocate painting anything on the surface of rocks, I do like that mural. Course, I'm a fan of ghost towns and mining camps, so that depiction suits my fancy. Still, I prefer the beauty of a rock in its natural state -- and that applies from diamonds to half dome.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it is something different.

;) RR

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
The stars are arranged in a navigational pattern for the Annunaki's return. The sun & moon are the greater & lesser light forces. The upside down Zuni-Dog represents love in his stomach for all mankind... Just kidding. One art shop in Chloride had a booklet for sale explaining the artists meanings, I'm just not interested in stuff from 1966 right now. What does concern me, is located on the right side of the picture, just above the bush, which appears to be some (maybe) older etchings. I also took photos of some petroglyphs, and I sure as hell hope the artist wasn't painting over some much older petroglyphs. That would PI$$ me off.

T

TreasureTales

I share your concerns and see the markings you mention. Who gave the artist permission to paint the rocks? Doing anything like that around here could earn a person some hefty fines and maybe some time picking litter along the highways.

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I don't know any details, like permissions, etc. Another mural:

Attachments

• chloride_az_murals_002_july_07.jpg
    chloride_az_murals_002_july_07.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 222

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang TT, everyone wants to preserve all the ancient graffiti like cave paintings etc. and you're all upset about a modern person painting one lousy rock. What if the government decided to clean up all the caves and rocks and remove anything humans applied to them no matter when it was done, then what? I've always wondered why the Indians are buried on sacred ground and I'm going to a lousy cemetary. Aren't I special? ;D.....and "No", I will not meet you in the political forum, that's your home field. ;)

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I'm just the messenger! Don't shoot! Another mural:

Attachments

• chloride_az_murals_003_july_07.jpg
    chloride_az_murals_003_july_07.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 220
OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Hopefully, I'm not boring you to death:

Attachments

• chloride_az_murals_004_july_07.jpg
    chloride_az_murals_004_july_07.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 225
T

TreasureTales

So packerbacker, maybe we should paint the Painted Desert in Arizona or maybe Half Dome in Yosemite or perhaps Castle Crags up near Dunsmuir? If these modern rock paintings are on private property, I've got no problem with them. And since you won't meet me in the Politics forum for a "shoot-out," then I'll concede defeat here and back away slowly. :D :D

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the risk of getting caught in a crossfire, I must say
the artist is quite good.
And originally the indian art was graffiti.
but most places it wouldn't be allowed today.

backing away slowly also........... ;)

Fossis.........

T

TreasureTales

Maybe the artist should have swallowed the paint, since he was having an inward search for self. LOL ;D ;D ;D Sorry!

Arizona Bob, loved the photos. Thanks for posting them. Would you please do the same with some other aspect of your beautiful state sometime soon? It's always fun to learn about and see the little hidden surprises of other places.

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Heh heh! "Hidden" is the right word to use with these murals, 'Tales.

I'd be happy to post more pics from time to time. Most of my deep-in-the-desert pics aren't nearly as colorful as these...

T

TreasureTales

Don't need to be as colorful as these, just need to be something interesting or weird or beautiful or unique or whatever. I'll be awaiting....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread