gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN2767.JPG Got our first snow today, about an inch or two, now being blown around by the big winds. I was doing some household chores and looked out the bathroom window to see these turkeys below. Gave them some stale bread but they didn't like the very hard stuff so I threw out some peanuts in the shell and they went bonkers for them. They swallow them down whole, must have some strong digestive juices. I usually reserve the peanuts for the chipmunks while they are around and the squirrels when the ground gets snow covered, didn't know turkeys were fond of them too. Guess I'd better get some corn for these birds, might be good to keep a few around if I get hungry for one.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Play some banjo music and a lot more will show up.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess you would stuff them with jelly.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 1383843 Got our first snow today, about an inch or two, now being blown around by the big winds. I was doing some household chores and looked out the bathroom window to see these turkeys below. Gave them some stale bread but they didn't like the very hard stuff so I threw out some peanuts in the shell and they went bonkers for them. They swallow them down whole, must have some strong digestive juices. I usually reserve the peanuts for the chipmunks while they are around and the squirrels when the ground gets snow covered, didn't know turkeys were fond of them too. Guess I'd better get some corn for these birds, might be good to keep a few around if I get hungry for one.

TurkeyPutMeInTheOven.jpg laughing021 (1).gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread