Waterfall Fungi and a Yellow Wonder Fungi

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last October, while metal detecting (what else would I be doing) I came upon these two types of Fungi that I never saw before.
The Yellow ones I called Yellow Wonders, have no idea why, but that is my file name, what they really are I do not remember.
The White one is without a doubt the most beautiful Fungi I ever saw in the woods of South Jersey. I have a file name of Waterfall Fungi, don't know if I gave it that name or that is what it is. Anyway, this one is gorgeous, I am showing a cropped photo along with the regular photo, so you can see the detail of it.

Since I know the location I found these I do plan on going back the same time frame this fall in hopes of better photographs with my new Canon. :)

Don

Attachments

• YellowWonder.jpg
    YellowWonder.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 445
  • Waterfallfungus2.jpg
    Waterfallfungus2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 449
  • WaterfallFungus.jpg
    WaterfallFungus.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 3,568

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, the white one is something else,
Bean, you know your fungi !!!.

Fossis...........

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
No, not at all. A few years ago I realized how limited my plant knowledge was. So I guess I've been slowly trying to change that, by referring to my books.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Don, those are some really great pics...never seen any like that. Since fungi are Mother Nature's "clean up" organisms., I wonder if they are a type limited to your area?

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin
The yellow ones are also called "Earth tongues"- they come in a few different colors, but they don't always grow in the same place twice. The white one is a bearded tooth, or lion's main, or actually, these have a whole list of common names but anyways, they are edible when young, in fact they are better than just being edible, they are really good! Fry them in a little butter and salt and pepper to taste!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I'd have called it a waterfall too, really unique. Cannon, you know your mushrooms too? Great job on the id's. Great pictures even witout the new camera.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread