Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching the weather Report this morning about 5:15AM the weaterman mentioned
rain overnight & a wet flurry or 2 in the air on the Mountains .

So I sent him Some Pictures & told him He "really don't have a clue".
what the real world is like here.

Aproxamatle 2" of "a wet Flurry or 2 in the air"

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0005(1).JPG

He ended up mentioning a Layer of snow in the Mountains on all his teasers after.
and rushing this pic through
and airing it at 6:45 LOL
DSCF0001.JPG

they'll learn to try & B.S. Me :tongue3:

" A Flurry or 2 ! " :BangHead:

More like a Crippling Blizzard to Me !

I need Spring Bad !!!!

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a high of 51 today, we should see some of that by Tuesday with a high of 22 on Wednesday. Then we go back up to the 50's by Friday.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a high of 51 today, we should see some of that by Tuesday with a high of 22 on Wednesday. Then we go back up to the 50's by Friday.

no Sign of 50's here unless they are wrong

none.jpg

Unfortunately they are never wrong on Bad news :(

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're calling an arctic blast for Tuesday & Wednesday and lows to -0. I'll have mama will cook up some chicken chili soup and stay indoors.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Jeff, whatcha got against a little of that white stuff? Don't you know Santa needs it here?? :laughing7:

We've got a bit more than in your pics - maybe twice that. Don't usually get ice up here, but ended up getting some freezing drizzle/rain before changing over to snow. THAT'S the part I don't like!!

I also remember one winter when we got quite the sleet storm. 2"+ of those teeny tiny ice balls!! The grader plowed a single path down the road while it was still coming down, so was difficult to see the edge. That meant that there was just a thin layer in the middle of the road, but grew to about 4" near the sides. Our truck tires hit the thicker sleet and it threw us off into the ditch before there was time to react. And this was going LESS THAN 20 MPH!! ...Good thing we live in a farming community! :occasion14:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems we have a little bit of winter cheer coming our way as well. :laughing7:

2016.12.05 Winter Storm Warning.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching the weather Report this morning about 5:15AM the weaterman mentioned
rain overnight & a wet flurry or 2 in the air on the Mountains .

So I sent him Some Pictures & told him He "really don't have a clue".
what the real world is like here.

Aproxamatle 2" of "a wet Flurry or 2 in the air"

View attachment 1388466

View attachment 1388467

View attachment 1388468

View attachment 1388469

View attachment 1388470

View attachment 1388472

He ended up mentioning a Layer of snow in the Mountains on all his teasers after.
and rushing this pic through
and airing it at 6:45 LOL
View attachment 1388470

they'll learn to try & B.S. Me :tongue3:

" A Flurry or 2 ! " :BangHead:

More like a Crippling Blizzard to Me !

I need Spring Bad !!!!
Jeff,
Sounds like you need to start doing what we did in Denver. One of the local weather guys was wrong so much of the time I started dressing for the opposite of what he predicted. People started asking how I could dress right almost all the time. My response? "I do the exact opposite of what he predicts!"

BTW This global warming is REALLY starting to tee me off!:tongue3::laughing7:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff,
Sounds like you need to start doing what we did in Denver. One of the local weather guys was wrong so much of the time I started dressing for the opposite of what he predicted. People started asking how I could dress right almost all the time. My response? "I do the exact opposite of what he predicts!"

BTW This global warming is REALLY starting to tee me off!:tongue3::laughing7:

I think someone needs to turn things up and open all the valves

images.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff, whatcha got against a little of that white stuff? Don't you know Santa needs it here?? :laughing7:

We've got a bit more than in your pics - maybe twice that. Don't usually get ice up here, but ended up getting some freezing drizzle/rain before changing over to snow. THAT'S the part I don't like!!

I also remember one winter when we got quite the sleet storm. 2"+ of those teeny tiny ice balls!! The grader plowed a single path down the road while it was still coming down, so was difficult to see the edge. That meant that there was just a thin layer in the middle of the road, but grew to about 4" near the sides. Our truck tires hit the thicker sleet and it threw us off into the ditch before there was time to react. And this was going LESS THAN 20 MPH!! ...Good thing we live in a farming community! :occasion14:
Used to work for CDOT, and I used to get the biggest kick out of the peoples expressions as they slid down the road in every direction except the right one! Man I wish they had GoPros back then! I could've done an hour long vid on just hilarious expressions. Always like it when people'd say I've got 4wd! Then the expression when I asked, "Ya got 4 wheel stop?.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yikes ! :( stay safe :unhappysmiley:

...Just a preview of things to come! :icon_thumleft:

The folks I feel sorry for are the ones in Wisconsin that get all that lake effect snow!! Look up snow averages for Hurley, Wisconsin, for example.

Ooops, still gotta hook up the snow plow! :occasion14:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So boogeyman, if you were with CDOT over there in Denver, can you describe the horror when 5 inches of snow fell in the big city? haha, just kiddin. CDOT does the greatest job in the world takin care of Colorado roads, constantly, in the most perilous conditions, in spite of the tourists. Thanks boogeyman for all you did. Jeff, one way to look at it is if you lived in a place where it was always ice storm, you might appreciate a snow storm more, just for the ability to drive in it.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So boogeyman, if you were with CDOT over there in Denver, can you describe the horror when 5 inches of snow fell in the big city? haha, just kiddin. CDOT does the greatest job in the world takin care of Colorado roads, constantly, in the most perilous conditions, in spite of the tourists. Thanks boogeyman for all you did. Jeff, one way to look at it is if you lived in a place where it was always ice storm, you might appreciate a snow storm more, just for the ability to drive in it.

LOL I can definitely Drive in Snow.
I've driven through Snow deeper then the frame of a Buick Le sabra
and Driven up and down Mountains on Sheets of Ice
by using the Grass in the Ditches for Traction up.
& the Break, Slide, release, break, Slide, Release, method to travel Down & around a hard Curve
on an extremely steep mountain.

Red Break & Let the car Slide towards the Edge
Yellow Release the Break & travel towards the Center.

(rinse & repeat)

Untitledhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg

You learn allot taking chances in your teens in rear wheel drive cars :laughing7:

I did get Buried in a Drift to my Windows once trying to Plow my way through the Snow once during a major Blizzard.
the Plow ended up Destroying My Bumper Hooking a Chain to it to pull me out .
I learned what was impossible no matter how fast you hit the drift that night :laughing7:

at this age I Hate Snow of any amount.
Even the Flurry or 2 they predicted.

add to that, around here as soon as the roads get wet, some moron
who never tried to learn to drive in it wrecks.
I don't want to be in their path.

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, good tires have a lot to do with whether someone is a moron driver or not. Two examples:
1) Was on our way down to Arkansas one late Fall day. Temps were well above freezing, truck was loaded down, tires had good tread. We exited the freeway to rest, but the exit ramp went uphill. Came to a complete stop. Turned right (uphill) and was taking off very slowly. Had already put truck in 4WD as the roads were wet. All of a sudden, tires lost traction and we started sliding backwards out of control. Didn't stop until we hit grass.....just before a 40' drop!
2) Had purchased our current truck - 2004 Chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 extended cab. Got it back to Minnesota early in the Winter season, and pulling a trailer. Got in the yard and got stuck on flat, level ground. Unhooked the trailer and still could not move.

In BOTH of these instances, we had Goodyear tires. On the newer truck, they were Goodyear HP tires with nearly new tread. I think the first time was Cooper tires, also with good tread. In between these trucks, we had a 4x4 Suburban that came with General Grabber AT2 light truck (10-ply) tires. That vehicle was unfortunately in an accident, but I have NO doubt that these tires saved our lives.

So, on our new truck, I now have the Grabber AT2's all around. Got the 10-ply as they were only $10 more per tire at the time, yet 2.5 times the tread. The ride is much quieter than the Goodyear HP's, plus we again have amazing traction. Cooper tires are good, but their rubber is harder, which means they can slip more easily. But I will NEVER use anything else but the Grabber's again - EVER!!

ADDED: Btw, they have been rated #2 in all-season tires for several years. The #1 spot goes to (I think) a Bridgestone tire, but is very expensive. The General's are an excellent price!)

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea When I was young, Being Poor. I always had bad tires.
so Bad you could see spots where the rubber was worn completely off ,
and I almost always had 3 Spairs in not much better condition.
they almost all ended up with Tubes in them. As they wouldn't hold air

My worst times though were With 4 Wheel drive Vehicles when the 4 wheel Drive went out.
GMC Jimmy & Ford Explorer.

Extremely too Light in the Back for even minimal snow without FWD working.

I now have my First front wheel Drive

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea When I was young, Being Poor. I always had bad tires.
so Bad you could see spots where the rubber was worn completely off ...

Me, too - only, in SE Texas, was no worries of snow. We only got a dusting about once every 7 years. :laughing7: Besides, I was invincible then! :tongue3:

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya, winter has arrived!
....we all should get paid as much to lie as the weather guys
I will consider those getting those tires, we need new ones on the 4X4.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread