Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha! 8 degrees here now and it might get up to 12 today, but up to the 30's for the weekend. (T-shirt weather) Did you guys get hammered? We only got about 6 more inches of snow here in the valley last night, but it's in the forecast for the next week.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha! 8 degrees here now and it might get up to 12 today, but up to the 30's for the weekend. (T-shirt weather) Did you guys get hammered? We only got about 6 more inches of snow here in the valley last night, but it's in the forecast for the next week.
Looks like we got maybe 5" here in Boulder county. I'm hearing on 850 KOA we maybe got a bit more then fell on the Denver metro. We're going to be down to the single digits for a couple days now I guess. Should be a mass exodus head'n your way come 3pm this Friday I'm thinking?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't been outside yet today, as I was up most of the night and on here! :tongue3: But yesterday it appeared we had about 5"-6" of heavy, wet snow, and it snowed most of the time since then. So maybe another 4" or so? Temps are still a bit warm @ 26°, so really not wanting to get out with the snowplow yet. Sure hate to skin up the yard again!

Had to bring the cat in yesterday afternoon. She's normally an outdoor cat, but her little legs just don't help much in deeper snow! However, her bed is still outside under the deck and covered with snow, so ended up making a bed out of (2) cardboard boxes. No complaints yet!! :laughing7:

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We're just getting into our first cold weather of the year. Last night
temp dropped to 21F, and we're expecting snw tonight.

kcm: My cats have grown a seriously thick winter coat this year, so
I'm expecting a much colder, wetter and snowier winter than last year.
Of my 3 cats, one (Tommie O'Fattie) is not a fan of ice and snow, and
he'll only stay out for an hour or so. Another, a female Calico, prefers
outdoors about 80% of the time, but she's happy to come inside on
the really nasty nights. My little buddy, Scruff, loves the fresh snow,
and has a blast diving into it after phantom mice. Rain, cold, snow..
...he don't care.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your pic reminded me of a " well endowed " English bulldog we used to have. The poor fellow would leave 3 tracks in the snow...legs on the outside and his endowment in the middle. I always thought that would be a curse in winter:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread