worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched them chugging this what ever it is up river at 4:05 today,pretty big diesel sound.

K1600_DSCN0592.JPG

K1600_DSCN0593.JPG

Divers aboard..

K1600_DSCN0595.JPG

They moved about 150 yards in 50 min.

K1600_DSCN0599.JPG

K1600_DSCN0603.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure whats going on with these guys. Do you know if they're digging that materiel on the barge out of the bank or are they dropping it in the river with that clam shell digger? It looks like some kind of grout mix to me and not muddy river bottom soup? Could be some kind of erosion control going out there?. Go ask em if they'd hire ya to be a run a round purchasing and fetching needed merchandise and spare parts you can find at the nearest location. I did a lot of that as a buyer for an mining equipment company in Sacramento and for a blasting company here in Colorado years ago. I'd be running to hose shops, NAPA and all kinds of suppliers all the time to keep things moving. I looked into the name on the side of the barge thinking that was the contractor... POSEIDON is a builder of specialty barges. Interesting looking company. Barges, Portable, Marine, Sectional, Dredge, Pontoon and Crane Barges for Sale ? Poseidon Barge Corp.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a heck of a way to dig for clams! :tongue3:

I would think maybe dredging out the high spots of sediment from the river bottom. If sediment continues collecting in certain spots, the spots will grow and grow until eventually they start to cause problems.

On the other hand, if they're trying to get the water level down by making more room, then those guys definitely have job security! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread