Found out what the Poseidon barge was doing.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I talked with the crew today and asked what they were doing,"Capping off asphalt dumped in there 6 years ago".Sure is news to me can't figure out how they dumped it 80 feet from shore and no roads on the bank,no big boats run up river either.I wonder if it was something being kept quiet.They worked on it for over a week.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/j-f-brennan-company-inc

I just noticted two tents in the background,yesterday I saw someone walking the river bank away from them,I'd say it is someones home,the river banks grow thick hiding them around here.

DSCN0609.JPG

GOD Bless

Chris

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"Capping off"?? Not sure exactly what that means.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knows I see junk dumped off in a lot of places. Long time ago when I was working in California a Roadway truck unhitched a trailer out on the road in front of my office. I worked in an industrial park and I saw that trailer for a week to a month to maybe four more months sitting there left alone. I decided to call Roadway and tell them about that trailer thinking they misplaced it. About 3 days later a roadway truck came and backed to the abandon trailer back to back. Then these guys showed up in hazmat suits and moved 55 gal. plastic drums with a with a barrel dolly into the other trailer and it took off. Then before the day was over a tractor truck came and hauls the trailer that was sitting out on the road for all that time away. I didn't go out and ask those guys doing all that what was inside when I saw the put on those hazmat suits. I think it was an illegal waste storage or something going on to save money over taking it to a authorized California waste disposal. Cheaper to pay Roadway to just keep it in the trailer for ever until they could move it out of state.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread