Remodel

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
On our way out to the gold outting we had to stop and do a patch at this remodel. The house was originally built in 1890 and from the looks of things I think the little cabin behind it was what they lived in before that. Fascinating house! So much garbage from the construction it would take a year to detect it though! lol Of course being a 3 hr drive away I don't get near that amount of time! I thought it was very cool though so I brought back a picture for ya!

Attachments

• DSC00993.JPG
    DSC00993.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 192
  • DSC00995.JPG
    DSC00995.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 192
OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
We live in Redmond which is very close to your son's so if you come see him make sure and let us know too....unfortunately the house is over in Prairie City so it is the other direction from Louie. I bet you miss him a lot! My son lives a long ways away from me. :'(

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Thank you Cynangyl, I will. Yes, I miss him very much and am sorry you have the same heartache. Part of life, I guess. I'm just glad you only have to see the little round head crying, and not this big round head.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
A few hours in the little cabin might be worth the 3 hour drive...plus it would be an excuse to make another batch of onion rolls.

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
bean man said:
Thank you Cynangyl, I will. Yes, I miss him very much and am sorry you have the same heartache. Part of life, I guess. I'm just glad you only have to see the little round head crying, and not this big round head.

bah! I would rather see your big round head! Hopefully you can go see him soon! ~hugs~

wesfrye53 said:
A few hours in the little cabin might be worth the 3 hour drive...plus it would be an excuse to make another batch of onion rolls.

Believe me I have considered it....I looked inside and it has a dirt floor in it except one corner that looks like there is linoleum over the dirt...very strange...then the wood stove sitting in front of the door outside....it is just too cool! Ken offered to sell it to us for our crews to stay in when they are over working on the 250 houses in John Day....hmmmm lol

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
have not as of yet....only had a few minutes and started doing some outside only to find tons of junk targets then it was time to get going to the other house we have crews on....had to pick up the scaffolding. Might get more time there sometime and try it though!

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I just love it! I would have to have Gypsy and the girls come fix it all up! :D :D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Cynangyl said:
I just love it! I would have to have Gypsy and the girls come fix it all up! :D :D

Have roofing crew ....will travel!

That cabin rocks....I need that....I need to start my own ghost town....everyone please haul old buildings to my site!

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Gypsy you might have to move your site....I got pics of way too many old buildings to be hauling so far! ;)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love log cabins too.

;) RR

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cabins like that are really neat in cooler weather. . . I can only imagine how they would be to live in during hot summers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread