PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everyone,

I have had some visitors this week. The tricksters (Coyotes) were here.

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

Great camo. They blend right in.

Patrick

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a healthy looking coyote...nice catch!

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just talked to the FEDEX driver. The coyotes have been attacking several of the local dogs.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Strange how they're so much more aggressive there. Here, they don't seem to bother dogs or even cats. But then, there's also an ample food supply here!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago this black dog of mine got in a tussle with a coyote in the field out back. My dog chases the coyote way out away from me and when I called Mario was my dogs name back to me that coyote attacked him from behind as he was coming back to me. That coyote had Mario on his back and only ran off when I went running and yelling towards them. I guess Mario asked for it as he had that coyote by the tail at one time. Mario was a smoking fast dog and I bet that coyote wasn't expecting to be out run by some domestic dog.

Attachments

• IMG_20161213_105141.jpg
    IMG_20161213_105141.jpg
    909.5 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first time I saw them was about a week ago. They were just beyond the fence. I had to do a double take, they were as big as German shepherds. The ones I used to see in Texas were half that size.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They run around in the open space lands around my area. I lived here in eastern Boulder county for more the 25 years and the coyote have always been around. They've got plenty of rabbits and prairie dogs to hunt around here which keeps them pretty healthy.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They do seem to be a little bigger here than the ones on the Southern Plains. Couple of years ago, a cross-country skier got stuck in a tree well down by Breck and two coyotes came up and started circling him as he was flailing around tryin to get out. I'm sure that looked pretty interestin and no tellin what the coyotes thought he was. Luckily he was carrying and popped off a couple rounds and they figured out real quick what he was and took off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions