Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CarolinaDigs said:
I do hope the trailcam will survive and well as others in this fires path !

Me too! Can you go in and rescue?

;) RR

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Junkdigger, I can't recall if you mentioned the number of trail cameras you have set up (I think I'm getting CRS)
You really know where to place them for some stunning images!

OP
OP
junkdigger

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
I have two trail cameras,both the same model. I would not want to deal with more than two. Sometimes I hike in two or three miles to set them up.If I retrieve them and put them at a new site,I end up walking quite a ways with 15 pounds of cameras in my cart. Then this 55 year old wants a nap!
My cameras are still in the path of the fire.But they "locked up" the mountain yesterday. No access because of fire danger and firefighting traffic. There are 30-40 homes and cabins in the path of the fire too.The residents are all packed and ready to evacuate on very short notice. Firefighters dug a lot of fire breaks with 'dozers and by hand,and were supposed to have back-burned from the breaks today.Don't know if they did,but it sure is smoky here today.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I can only imagine what it would be like to live in such a beautiful area and how much I would love my home....then to be faced with possible evacuation for a fire. :'( and we all know how much I love the trail cams too. :( Keep us updated on how everything turns out!

T

TreasureTales

Bummer about the fire. It's been awfully dry here, but late last night it rained a little bit. I hope you get some rain, too. Sure helps to get some rain, even a little, when fighting a fire. Good luck!

I am still thinking about buying a trail camera. There are some places I would like to set one up, but they are so far away I wouldn't be able to rescue the camera if a fire broke out in the area. Seeing these photos makes that something else for me to contemplate before buying a trailcam. Besides, I think the USFS might object to my putting up a camera...where I might catch them in the act of doing something unlawful.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread