• desert 6 - 30 - 6 037_RT8.jpg
    desert 6 - 30 - 6 037_RT8.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 541

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are such awesome pic's!! I just love how crisp they came out... I'd so *love* to train a hawk of my own!!

Bran <><

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, that's my brother. :'( :'( I'm just picking...beautiful pics of a majestic bird.

;) RR

T

TreasureTales

Stunning photos! Those are truly some great photos of a majestic raptor. I hope you print these out and frame them.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Re: Red Tail Hawk (warning dead animal) More pics Added

Many Thanks to ALL for your kind comments.

Rather than start a new thread, thought I would add some more Red Tail Hawk pics here.
I may be posting too much, but I have so many pictures I don't know what to do with them, and what good are they if you don't show them to someone? :)

Attachments

• marsh 4 - 14 - 6 055_RJ.JPG
    marsh 4 - 14 - 6 055_RJ.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 396
  • marsh 4 - 14 - 6 056_RJ_3.JPG
    marsh 4 - 14 - 6 056_RJ_3.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 498
  • marsh 4 - 24 - 6 023_RJ.JPG
    marsh 4 - 24 - 6 023_RJ.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 344
  • marsh 6 - 15 - 6 007_RJ.JPG
    marsh 6 - 15 - 6 007_RJ.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 349
  • desert 7 - 3 - 6 029.jpg
    desert 7 - 3 - 6 029.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 352

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I was actually afraid to look, I thought the hawk might be the dead animal. I am so glad I mustered up the courage to take a peek. What brilliant pictures, I had to look at them all 3 times, I'm in awe. The Red Tail is one of my favorites. Thanks so much for sharing!

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Beautiful!

The Red Tail is making a comeback here, they are an enjoyment to watch when hunting.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful photos. The Red Tail Hawk is one of my favorite birds of prey. They have been protected every since I can remember but I don't ever remember there being a shortage of them in the wild in my part of the country. I guess we are luck because there is also a winter nesting ground for the Bald Eagle just a couple of miles from my house. I love watching both the hawks and the eagles. I'm sure they could give me a little help with my squirrel over population problem. :D Monty

T

TreasureTales

No such thing as too many pictures, in my opinion. Truly enjoy seeing these photos of the red tail. Here in my part of California there is a local brewer who makes Red Tail Ale -- in honor of the beautiful bird. I have never tasted the ale, so I don't know how "beautiful" it is. LOL

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just too cool! Awesome pictures!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since seeing your Redtail Hawk pictures I have become aware of a couple of small hawks or possibly falcons that are in my neighborhood. They appear to be pure gray on the underside and darker on top. They circle around at lower altitudes than most hawks I have seen and dive and swoop often as if after a target. They are just a little larger than a pigeon. I haven't been able to find where they are nesting and haven't seen what their prey is. We have a bumper crop of doves this year and several pigeons have moved into the neighborhood and I suspect that is what they are feeding on. I had my binoculars out looking for them this afternoon and spotted a much larger raptor type bird at a very high altitude and of in the distance. As I was watching it with my 10X binoculars it turned just right and its white head shown distinctly in the sun. A Bald Eagle! I have seen a few on the nest and flying slowly up and down the river but this is the first one I've seen at that altitude. They usually catch fish in the river but the water is running so swiftly right now they may be looking elsewere for food. Anyway, it was awsome! Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions