tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After this last weekend of 2 digits below zero the sunrise speaks for some warmth today. The squirrels and rabbits are once again out and about enjoying this nice early morn Chinook breeze.

Attachments

• sunrise 122016 1.jpg
    sunrise 122016 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
  • sunrise 122016 2.jpg
    sunrise 122016 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! Know you are glad to see a little sunlight!! It actually got down to the lower 30"s last night in LA!! Hope you're well!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Veritable heatwave here in the high country, too, as it was above freezing after sun up today. 39 right now. We hit 18 below over the weekend and got pretty close to 3 feet of snow in the last couple of weeks.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet that 39 feels hot now. I've been cleaning the house all morning and I'm now sweating. Going to be a big next couple of weeks up your way with that 3 feet a snow. I need to build me a rolling hot dog stand I could trailer up there and park it at officers gulch. I wonder if they'd let me do that?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big weeks up here through March now. They had one of those rolling hot dog stands here on main street for awhile, 'Pete's Eats', but I ain't seen him around in some time. Maybe he went big time and moved to Breck. You could probably stake a claim at Officer's Gulch, but after the state and feds got their permit fees, you'd have to charge 10 bucks a hot dog. Which really ain't that much more expensive than the other places around here, haha!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe we should rename the state to Costorado? The family all wanted to go see the Christmas lights at the Denver zoo last night. We do that almost every year. This year it's 17 bucks a head and $6.75 for a cup for hot chocolate and no more free refills anymore, those are now 2 bucks each.. Then everyone wants special glasses that makes all the lights look like snowflake's those are 2 bucks each for a piece a cardboard with thin plastic lenses Towards the end a fella's selling hot pretzels and those a $7.50 each. In the end the cost to see millions of Christmas lights at the zoo wasn't a cheap little thing to do anymore. I can only guess what it cost to take a family of 5 for a ski day up in summit county these days. ??

Last edited:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe we should rename the state to Costorado? The family all wanted to go see the Christmas lights at the Denver zoo last night. We do that almost every year. This year it's 17 bucks a head and $6.75 for a cup for hot chocolate and no more free refills anymore, those are now 2 bucks each.. Then everyone wants special glasses that makes all the lights look like snowflake's those are 2 bucks each for a piece a cardboard with thin plastic lenses Towards the end a fella's selling hot pretzels and those a $7.50 each. In the end the cost to see millions of Christmas lights at the zoo wasn't a cheap little thing to do anymore. I can only guess what it cost to take a family of 5 for a ski day up in summit county these days. ??

I can see that chaps your rear, but would you like to hear something that made my blood boil? The day after 911, an Indian/Pakistani fellow that owns a convenience store/gas station near my work was selling the local newspaper for $2.50. That same paper was going for 50 cents the day before. I guess some would call that capitalism in it's purest and I guess they rightly could, but I have not stepped foot in that store, nor bought gas from it ever since. Whenever I hear of someone visiting it, I tell this story so their conscience can dictate to them where they want to shop next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread