Dry Wash Building

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Here is an interesting partial structure. Found this deeeep in the desert hills. It measures approx 15X20 feet, and lacks any kind of mortar/mud/filler between the stones. To the right (not in view) are what appear to be old "tossed-over-there" railroad ties and a few 10ft+ long tree branches. I am standing in the wash taking the pic. I guess the railroad ties were for steps, and the branches were for the roof?

Attachments

• stone_haus_on_bank_of_dry_wash.jpg
    stone_haus_on_bank_of_dry_wash.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 199

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
would be interesting to see what the intended purpose was! looks just like the country around where we live!

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
You are standing in the wash that has been prospected of gold. Those stones came from the wash you are standing in. I see tailings like that in drywashing operation. What do ya thihk?

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Ant said:
You are standing in the wash that has been prospected of gold. Those stones came from the wash you are standing in. I see tailings like that in dry- washing operation. What do ya thihk?

Maybe so, but why take the time to stack the tailings neatly into walls?

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Here's a shot facing west-ish. The railroad ties and branches are behind the trees in front. I found some drawings on some boulders near this "haus". I may share the pics later... ;D

Attachments

• stone_haus_on_bank_of_dry_wash_002.jpg
    stone_haus_on_bank_of_dry_wash_002.jpg
    218.7 KB · Views: 177

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
You're right, now that I have a better idea of what the place looks like, the stones don't look like drywash tailing from prospecting activity.

Stone tailings from drywashing activity are normally stacked on the edge of dry washes/creeks. Now, the stones remind me of a prospector's cabin, a squatter's homestead, hunter’s cabin, or something along those lines.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know Bear from Man vs Wild came across a similar structure that he attributed to the Indian tribes that used to settle down in that area. The drawings on the boulders possibly indicate that this may have been the case.
Just a suggestion....

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread