89.6 KB · Views: 192

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beauty of a shot! I have been trying for a Dragonfly photo all summer down by the pond. NONE in the area! Not sure why, I have them every year, maybe too early yet, I don't know, but I even set up branches around the shore line that they could perch on and give me a great shot, but can't shoot if they aren't here.
Again, great photo!

Don

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
amazing shot my friend! My Teresa loves dragonflies so I will have to show this to her when she comes to visit mom! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Don in SJ said:
That is a beauty of a shot! I have been trying for a Dragonfly photo all summer down by the pond. NONE in the area! Not sure why, I have them every year, maybe too early yet, I don't know, but I even set up branches around the shore line that they could perch on and give me a great shot, but can't shoot if they aren't here.
Again, great photo!

Don

Thanks Don! I can't detect right now and I noticed this pond by my Rite Aide while dropping off my scripts so I brought the camera back when I picked them up. I brought it to photogragh a family of ducks there and then all these dragons were flying around and landing.

I took this in close up mode and another where I had the camera literally 2 inches from their eye. Unfortunately, I forgot to reset the camera off close up mode after and ruined some great shots. There were two pairs of these mating and fighting, with a fifth one hassling them both, but the shots were totally blurry, dang.

Smiles
BDoo

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Superb pic, BDoo.

;) RR

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks for all the comments everyone.

yep Sancho, they were flying around all over the pond attached together like that and when they landed, the back one put it's lower half down into the water. It was interesting.

Here's another version of the photo using "animation" on my Easyshare software. I thought it looked kind of cool so I'll share it too.

Smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Dragon4.jpg
    Dragon4.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 143

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread