More from Grandma

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Just thought I would post a few of the other pics grandma gave me. I wish I had some of her ocean scenes but I hinted on that one for my birthday or Christmas! lol The one of the picnic table is very special to me...she painted that one after grandpa died and she gave it to me because she said I was the only one that understood what the painting meant. Anyway, enjoy the paintings...I have a bit of a variety! :D

Attachments

• DSC01030.JPG
    DSC01030.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 245
  • DSC01031.JPG
    DSC01031.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 255
  • DSC01032.JPG
    DSC01032.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 246
  • DSC01033.JPG
    DSC01033.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 247
OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
she has sold a few pieces to folks that have asked her to paint a specific painting like a big 6 ft canvas floral or a painting of a semi truck for a surprise for a trucker....she had me take tons of pictures of the truck for her....she painted HIS truck on the painting...he loved it. She had them in a gallery once but they wanted her down there watching the gallery, working there a lot and charged a huge commission...considering her age and all she does at home it was hard for her and she decided to stop. She has soooo many paintings at her house she has done over the years....would cover every space on all the walls on my house doezens of times lol

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Very nice!!
I like the first one the best,
it's almost surreal looking.
She's a talent for sure.
Thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Boobydoo said:
Very nice!!
I like the first one the best,
it's almost surreal looking.
She's a talent for sure.
Thanks for sharing!

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks BDoo! :D

ronwoodcraft said:
Wow!! All are awesome!, but that picnic table with the sun light is amazing. Definately a talented lady. :)

Thanks, that is my favorite as well, wish you could see it in real life....my photography skills don't do her paintings justice! lol Glad everyone is enjoying them though! :D

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Cynangyl said:
she has sold a few pieces to folks that have asked her to paint a specific painting like a big 6 ft canvas floral or a painting of a semi truck for a surprise for a trucker....she had me take tons of pictures of the truck for her....she painted HIS truck on the painting...he loved it. She had them in a gallery once but they wanted her down there watching the gallery, working there a lot and charged a huge commission...considering her age and all she does at home it was hard for her and she decided to stop. She has soooo many paintings at her house she has done over the years....would cover every space on all the walls on my house doezens of times lol

She obviously has a passion for painting ! Her work is very very good ! Thank you for sharing these lovely creations :)

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
20 years ago those lilacs were our wedding. Today that picnic table is where we want to be together................Thanks sis, tell Mom thanks too.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Cyn,

Those paintings are fantastic!!!!! Your Grandma has a tremendous God-given talent, I find it hard to believe she has only sold a few if the ones you've posted are any indication of her painting talent. Please pass on to her my thoughts and admiration for her ability ;)

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Thank you all for your sweet comments! Sorry for your loss Shoot, so glad the paintings were able to bring back good memories for you!

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Give Grandma a pat on the back for me too. Better yet take her out to lunch at a nice place. She deserves it. These pictures are awesome and she is very talented. It is a shame that the gallery wanted to charge her huge commission fees and make her stay there all day. She would be better selling them out of her basement. Anyways, the paintings are awesome and pass along my good wishes as well.

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
thanks Ron! Grandma is busy at the draft horse show at Eagle Crest Resort this weekend but maybe Monday I can go snatch her and mom and go to lunch! :D Good idea, thanks!

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
gypsyheart said:
Very nice paintings. She sure is talented! Thanks for sharing but you know we want more!

oh my! maybe next week after we get home from the valley I will go to grandma's and take some shots of some of the stuff she has there...maybe get one of her actually painting on the one she is working on now for a friend of Mom's. :D Thanks Gypsy!

frostytiger said:
She is for sure an awesome artist, thanks for the personal viewing.

frosty

Thanks Frosty! I will let her know what you have all said about her talent...maybe she will decide to drag some out and show them off more! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread