Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went on a camera safari today and bagged a couple eagles.

IMG_1274.JPG
IMG_1306 (2).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1305 (2).JPG
    IMG_1305 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've see quite a few bald eagles up your way when I head up there. Many times when they come across road kill. Couple times there'd be Ravens harassing the one eagle trying to run him off.

OP
OP
mikeraydj

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This bald eagle was eating a roadkill. The female was there too but was ran off by a magpie.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This bald eagle was eating a roadkill. The female was there too but was ran off by a magpie.
There is strength in numbers in the bird world. The Blue Jays around here don't want any owls in my neighborhood. You can guess there's an owl someplace around when you hear all the Blue Jays up in noisy ruckus.

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. I see them frequently. When I was just a tadpole, you NEVER saw an eagle. They were something that was all the way up in Alaska.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Enjoying your pictures. The mill where I worked had a forty acre log pond full of fish. Eagles and Osprey would fish there quite often. It was fun to watch them but no time for a camera. When the mill shut down and all the logs were removed, the fish didn't have any cover, and the cormorants came over from the coast by the dozens, and the fish didn't stand a chance, those birds pretty much cleaned out all the fish, hence no other birds fishing. Now it's been drained, so I have the time, but nothing is there now.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoying your pictures. The mill where I worked had a forty acre log pond full of fish. Eagles and Osprey would fish there quite often. It was fun to watch them but no time for a camera. When the mill shut down and all the logs were removed, the fish didn't have any cover, and the cormorants came over from the coast by the dozens, and the fish didn't stand a chance, those birds pretty much cleaned out all the fish, hence no other birds fishing. Now it's been drained, so I have the time, but nothing is there now.
How odd it is the things that come and go in a lifetime. I drive by so many places and say to myself there once was a whatever? there for a very long time and now it's gone.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice pics. I am so awe struck every time I see them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread