another Blizzard Here :( Will it ever End ?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8" here & no sign of a Melt to start til Saturday afternoon :(

DSCF0010.JPG

DSCF0009.JPG

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain..

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd move. Mama's upstairs watching the news and she just hollered at me downstairs saying it's going to be in the 70 degree temps tomorrow here in the Denver area. No Lakes to speak of here in the high plains, means no lake effects. Just a big wall of rock to the west and a stream of north blowin warm gulf air keeps all the bad stuff away from me. :)
https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wind/surface/level/orthographic=-100.70,36.27,1561

Last edited:
OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd move. Mama's upstairs watching the news and she just hollered at me downstairs saying it's going to be in the 70 degree temps tomorrow here in the Denver area.

Haven't seen 70 Here since Maybe October :dontknow:

we did hit 60 yesterday according to weather station, but you see where that got us :(

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is from the Erie PA area. We went there ones for Christmas and after that I told her you can go next time if you want, but I ain't. So we just called on the phone to wish all her kin a Merry Christmas from that time on. We'll get our cold and snow after this warmth reaches a peak. Generally comes in fast and furious. Then the mile high sun comes out after it passes by and tans my face.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha! Watchin the weather channel about that storm I actually did think about you jeff. Wondered how that would work out for you. 8 inches, I think you got off easy. Well if nothin else you can make snow ice cream, if you know the recipe.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain Jeff! We got 8" last Thurs. Got 6" more on Sat and I believe another 5" last night!
It is a snowy winter for sure!
Sad part is my kids Bday is this weekend and I am getting him his first detector and we wont be able to use it for months!!!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...Might shoulda got him a snow shovel as well. :laughing7:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
There's been times when we've gotten drifted in so bad that not even the county plows could get us out. ...And it always comes back to shoveling by hand! :BangHead:

Yes, good thing to leave the snow if possible. But so far we've had only about 5 days this winter where temps have gotten above freezing. By "above freezing", I'm talking in the 30's!! Had 2 days in a row (first 2 days this season above) that were in the lower 40's. That was nice, but lots of snow melted and when it re-froze.....well, we now have skating rinks hidden under the snow. We're actually not used to getting much ice up here.

Back in Texas (just north of Houston), we used to get a dusting of snow about once every 7 years. But I just can't handle those temps anymore!! The way I see it, I can always put more clothes on, but there's only so much I can take off!! :tongue3::laughing7:

Anyway, here's a pic of the driveway drifted in and me having to shovel it out. Fortunately I own one of the world's greatest-ever snow shovels - this galvanized snow scoop!! :headbang:

2017.02.08 - drifted-in driveway.jpg

After this winter, will never have to worry about this happening ever again. Building a new shop this year, then can get busy and build a new toy! ;D

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha, what is that stuff?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Eh, ACE Hardware was having a sale on white spray paint and I got carried away with it? :dontknow:

By the way, what makes that not-so-huge pile of snow so dastardly is that it is sitting right on top of a sharp 90° turn with deep ditches all around. ...Not a place where you want to slide off, and no room to maneuver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread