Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'm envious. I just stepped outside at 6:20am and was met with a thick wall of fog (very rare in these parts); with the forecast of rain this evening.
And this is Southern California !! (Temperature is 56). Reads like we traded forecasts.

Don.....

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It actually got up to 50 yesterday. I hope that it doesn't get that warm (70 s) here yet with still some winter to go. Don't want the tree buds to come on too early.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It actually got up to 50 yesterday. I hope that it doesn't get that warm (70 s) here yet with still some winter to go. Don't want the tree buds to come on too early.

Is that where the saying "nip it in the bud" comes from??

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm envious. I just stepped outside at 6:20am and was met with a thick wall of fog (very rare in these parts); with the forecast of rain this evening.
And this is Southern California !! (Temperature is 56). Reads like we traded forecasts.

Don.....
WHAT? It never rains in Southern California or Sacramento. This year maybe the floods will again come.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that where the saying "nip it in the bud" comes from??

I thought it meant that if ''you'' don't go a little faster you may just get a little ''nip in the bud'' . I guess there may be several meanings.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've been quiet ODMT, How ya been? It may look like I'll maybe get something going with a little mine up in Virginia City. Hope so anyways I love the drive I take to get up that way, other then getting around west Yellowstone in the summer. I just went out to check a grape vine, apple tree and maple tree. No bud's, but it's 68 degrees already and there are some bugs flying around. Dumb Bugs, it's going to get back to snow again by maybe Sunday they're saying.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Boston yesterday got 16" of snow. The soft snow that packs down as the day goes on. We are still digging out. More snow tomorrow. The only digging we will do here is at the beaches during Low Tide because the water comes right up to the snow line during High tide. Luckily, in Boston ALL of our beaches give up Colonial stuff because that is how they brought goods into each part of Boston during the 1600's - 1800's.

Here I am at Carson Beach, Boston Harbor last year;

004.JPG

The snow line is usually right about where I'm standing here. Anyways, Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; Boston yesterday got 16" of snow. The soft snow that packs down as the day goes on. We are still digging out. More snow tomorrow. The only digging we will do here is at the beaches during Low Tide because the water comes right up to the snow line during High tide. Luckily, in Boston ALL of our beaches give up Colonial stuff because that is how they brought goods into each part of Boston during the 1600's - 1800's.

Here I am at Carson Beach, Boston Harbor last year;

View attachment 1412864

The snow line is usually right about where I'm standing here. Anyways, Happy Hunting. PEACE:RONB
I've no doubt you New England folks will all be able to adjust to it all. Seems your New England Patriots sure know how to adjust for the better in a really bad situation. I still can't believe it, but I most certainly did gain a slight increase of respect for that team. Not a lot, just a slight tiny little thought that maybe they did deserved a number 5, but I'm sure by next season that crazy thought of mine will be completely erased from my mind. God I hope so. I don't ever want to ever end up being a fan of New England :BangHead:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Tamrock; Here is another thought to keep you and the others worried for another whole year ok. Just think that now that Brady has a Ring for each finger he now has to get FIVE MORE FOR THE OTHER HAND.!!!! :hello2: :headbang: :laughing7: I never thought I'd get to use all 3 oof those Emoticons in the same Post.!!! :tongue3: Enjoy. I DID. !!! lol PEACE:RONB

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least I know you had this :-[ for an emoticon going in the 3rd quarter

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi TAMROCK; NOPE. We just wanted you to think that way !!! :icon_scratch: :laughing7: PEACE:RONB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread