Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I could see something white at this nest while driving today but didn't know for sure until I got home and uploaded the pics I had taken. Also got a shot of an American Kestrel that was hunting at a lake in a nearby county. Both pics stretched the limits of my lens and I had to crop heavily, so I apologize for the lack of definition. Hope everyone is staying warm and ready for spring...won't be too long now hopefully!

Bald Eagles on Nest.JPG American Kestrel.JPG

There were several gulls playing in the choppy water today and I got this one gliding away in the wind.
Gull 1200.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well at least you don't have a lot of snow all over. What was the temperature this day in PA.?. We were in the 70s again yesterday and dry as a bone outside. I had to open the windows to let a breeze come through the house. Now there's dust all over the furniture.

OP
OP
Old Dude

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well at least you don't have a lot of snow all over. What was the temperature this day in PA.?. We were in the 70s again yesterday and dry as a bone outside. I had to open the windows to let a breeze come through the house. Now there's dust all over the furniture.

Sounds like a good problem to have:tongue3:. I think the temp was hovering right around 33 or 34. The wind was blowing so it seemed much colder though. It is supposed to be around 40 today but warm up tomorrow for a bit.

photo_camera.gif
Nice photographs Dude! Thanks for sharing...

Thank you VP, but they could definitely be better. I was just happy to see those eagles. This is a new nest that I only spotted this winter because the leaves are gone. Once the water warms up, I can get closer in the kayak. It was neat to get to watch the Kestrel try and hover in the air as it watched the weeds below it. The wind was really blowing so it was having to work to try and stay still in the air.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions