Even more from Grandma

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I went to see Grandma and Mom today and got some of mom's photos of grandma's paintings to share with you all. Mom let Grandma read some of your comments and bookmarked the site so she can come look at the Daily Snapshot forum too. I think I will add just a couple each day so I don't overwhelm everyone with my entire CD of paintings! lol Enjoy! :D

The first painting is of an old schoolhouse up on the Warm Springs Indian Reservation on Seeseequa flats.

The second is the last painting she has finished that she did for a friend of theirs.

Attachments

• 100_0092.jpg
    100_0092.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00046.jpg
    DSC00046.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC00045.jpg
    DSC00045.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 244
OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
packerbacker said:
Nice work! Guess we can't detect the schoolhouse on reservation land huh? ;)

lol nope! I do however have a lot of pictures mom took of old homesteads, barns and privys that are in our area that you might be able to get permission to MD around! ;)

ronwoodcraft said:
Man, Those are amazingly BEAUTIFUL!! Also really like the subjects.

Thanks, I am sure it will bring a smile to her face to know you enjoyed them so much. I kinda picked through thinking those would be subjects we would all appreciate! :D

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Grandma your paintings are absolutely fabulous! You have captured the feeling of the landscape so well. Thanks for letting sis share them with us. The picnic table will always be my favorite, all I have to do is close my eyes and I can see it at anytime.

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Those are wonderful!

I grew up in Colorado and even after 20 years away, I still miss "my" mountains. Gran's painting of the mountain - ohhhh, that one grabbed my heartstrings. :)

I'm looking forward to more posts of those pictures!

Thanks for sharing them,
Nan

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
bean man said:
COOL! Does she have a nickname?

nope she was always just grandma, all our friends and the entire 4-H horse association called her grandma too! :D

fossis said:
Good stuff,

Fossis..............

Just talked to mom on the phone, her and grandma are on their way home and will read the comments after they get there. :D

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Grandma your paintings are absolutely fabulous! You have captured the feeling of the landscape so well. Thanks for letting sis share them with us. The picnic table will always be my favorite, all I have to do is close my eyes and I can see it at anytime.

I know that one is especially heartfelt by Grandma and I as well. :D

roswellborn said:
Those are wonderful!

I grew up in Colorado and even after 20 years away, I still miss "my" mountains. Gran's painting of the mountain - ohhhh, that one grabbed my heartstrings. :)

I'm looking forward to more posts of those pictures!

Thanks for sharing them,
Nan

Thanks Nan! So glad everyone is enjoying her paintings so much. I know I sure do!

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
randall61 said:
From one painter to another.....tell grandma she does wonderful work!!!!

I will do that...actually you just did! ;) Mom said she is going to let her read the comments on her computer so she will get to see everything as well. :D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Cyn,

Your Grandma is a wonderful looking Lady!

her paintings are truely remarkable. If she wishes, you might want to check local galleries because her paintings are worthy of a show...even prints to be sold seperately. They are great!

Please pass my compliments on to her :-*

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Cyn your grandmothers paintings are wonderful :) She should be giving you girls art lessons , if you do not already paint :) Was she an art teacher at one time ? Reguardless she is really a great talent :) You girls are so lucky ! and she is also blessed I know :)

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
CarolinaDigs said:
Cyn your grandmothers paintings are wonderful :) She should be giving you girls art lessons , if you do not already paint :) Was she an art teacher at one time ? Reguardless she is really a great talent :) You girls are so lucky ! and she is also blessed I know :)

No, she was never an art teacher. She has taught all of us a lot. My daughter won an art contest when she was in 4th grade and they used her drawing for a big nature campaign they were doing. The local paper came and interviewed her and she told them all about how her great grandma was an artist and taught her. It was really special. We are definitely very blessed!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Your Grandma is a true blessing and extremely talented. She is a natural when it comes to being able to show us the world through her heart and mind! Beautiful paintings....I need them all. :) Its wonderful that you chose to share her work with us. Thank You

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
vic910 said:
I just love the abandoned school painting!!!! I wish I had a talent like that!! I can't wait to see more!

vicki

I will make sure and get more up tomorrow morning Vicki! Glad you are enjoying them! :D

gypsyheart said:
Your Grandma is a true blessing and extremely talented. She is a natural when it comes to being able to show us the world through her heart and mind! Beautiful paintings....I need them all. :) Its wonderful that you chose to share her work with us. Thank You

lol Gypsy there are LOTS of paintings at her house....the ones I am posting some are still at her house and others have been given to friends or family or sold to some friends. I will get some more posted tomorrow morning so you can see even more of her talent, David is still looking through the CD of paintings totally amazed himself and he has seen quite a few of her paintings. If I get my antique and second hand store opened up I have full intentions to dedicating one area to a gallery for Grandma's paintings so folks can see what one of their local artists is capable of! :D

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grandma has a heart of gold,
painting is good for the soul.