131.2 KB · Views: 802
  • g3.jpg
    g3.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 1,007

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Very very cool Thank you and I will take all others if anyone wants to send..the odd, the unusual, the hauntingly beautiful sculptures .....

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Some of my favorite from across the world

Attachments

• cem3.jpg
    cem3.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 516
  • sitges2.jpg
    sitges2.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 293
  • Weeping angel Houston Texas.jpg
    Weeping angel Houston Texas.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 428
  • WeepingAngelGlenwoodCemeteryHoustonTexas2002JT.jpg
    WeepingAngelGlenwoodCemeteryHoustonTexas2002JT.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 410
  • Sitges.jpg
    Sitges.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 270

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Hey Tony, when I first saw the first pic I thought you had found my wifes aunts grave. ;D
but the date, was a little before her time. :D

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Hi Gypsy,

Have been following your posts on this subject. Years ago I had a job as a grounds keeper for two old cemeteries and spent alot of time admiring the amazing art of some of the Head stones, especially the older ones.

Also enjoyed all the humorous epitaphs.

Surely you have heard of the one in Tombstone Arizona. I saw it on TV a long time ago, I think it was Tombstone, anyway from my unclear memory went something like this.....

Here lies xxxx (cant remember the name)

Took five slugs from a forty four

No less no more.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
ronwoodcraft said:
Hi Gypsy,

Have been following your posts on this subject. Years ago I had a job as a grounds keeper for two old cemeteries and spent alot of time admiring the amazing art of some of the Head stones, especially the older ones.

Surely you have heard of the one in Tombstone Arizona. I saw it on TV a long time ago, I think it was Tombstone, anyway from my unclear memory went something like this.....

No less no more.

It was Lester Moore took five slugs from a forty four, no les, no more. ;)

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Cynangyl said:
ronwoodcraft said:
Hi Gypsy,

No less no more.

It was Lester Moore took five slugs from a forty four, no les, no more. ;)
:D Oh, Thanks for that clarification, :D Makes more sense now..Very clever.... Poor Lester.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks for the pictures. I am getting quite a few and they are beautiful.

Attachments

• Weeping angel Dallas TX.jpg
    Weeping angel Dallas TX.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 276
  • weeping angel  New orleans.jpg
    weeping angel New orleans.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 342
  • Angel New York.jpg
    Angel New York.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 255
  • angel brooklyn NY.jpg
    angel brooklyn NY.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 209
  • allegany cemetery PA.jpg
    allegany cemetery PA.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 231
  • allegany cem PA.jpg
    allegany cem PA.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 239

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
and

Attachments

• angel Paris 2.jpg
    angel Paris 2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 277
  • angel Paris.jpg
    angel Paris.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 314
  • angel Savannah.jpg
    angel Savannah.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 226

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
WOW! Gypsy those are so eeriely(sp) beautiful. I absolutely love the weeping angel ones. My husband and I are big fans of visiting cemeteries, which our kids think is really weird. I really like it when we find the old small family ones that are way out in the country. You can almost tell the whole history of a family by reading the tombstones, especially if there was an epidemic of some kind. Thanks for sharing your pictures!

vicki

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks vic ...I Love the angels also....When I take them or get them from other people I like to play around with the pics,infusing color or inverting the colors and see how they look.....the one from New orleans is a natural tho...its a stained glass window throwing colbalt blue light over the angel...I love cemeterys also and just like stopping at the old ones and seeing the beautiful sculptures....like being in an art gallery ...only better

S

Smee

Needless to say, the artistry is striking.

Usually, though, the really heart rending stuff is the wording of some of the epitaths. Doing geneaology research, I run across numerous sites where someone has recorded all of the information from every headstone. Some of them are really beautiful . . . while others will reach inside and rip your heart out.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Those are beautiful, Gypsy. Thanks for sharing! I, too, love old cemeteries and stop at all the older ones I find. One of the best I've seen was in Tombstone, AZ, but not at Boot Hill. Those are good, but in one of the newer cemeteries, there's one marking a couple's grave, fairly recent (last 15 years). I can't recall all the one-liners on it, but there are several. They must have been a lively couple who were reluctant to leave, because the last thing on it is "WE'LL BE BACK!"

Can't find my picture, but it's most unusual. -Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions