155.7 KB · Views: 266

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I love it! There is a tree along the highway in the middle of nowhere on the way to Prairie City that has been
shoe-ed like that too! Wonder why folks decide to do that and how they get so many shoes or people with shoes involved! lol

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Are you at my moms house?....she has been nailing our cast off shoes to a tree in the woods for a long time....Why?....Who knows ::)
But there are now alot of birds living in shoe nests......

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
In my neck of the woods it's called a gang sign where all of one color is personal to that gang red is bloods black crits white independent -- forget the rest

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
;D love the pic. I have a thing about looking for shoes beside the highways as I am driving ? Ever noticed that ? always one nice looking shoe lying beside the road ? I have brought this to the attention of my family and friends and now they can't help looking for shoes beside the road ;D Oh well I guess it's something to do ??? Gees sounds like I need a life LOL LOL

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting, the only thing I ever heard about sneakers hangin is drug related. CD, being a road bicycle rider, I have noticed lots of things on the side of the road up close and personal, shoes and sneakers being one them and, ah, road kill being the other! :o

Don

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We had a huge oak shoe tree out here until some vandals cut it down. I took my granddaughter past there one time. I told her that shoes grew on trees and that we were going to shop for some. After we stopped and walked under the tree I asked her if she saw anything she liked. She looked around for a while and then pointed to a pair that caught her eye. At that point I couldn't hold back any longer and started laughing. She still remembers that day and she is very upset with whoever cut it down.

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks for all the visits and replies everyone.
I will be going up north in a couple weeks and will try to get some more shots of this tree if it's still there like this.

Smiles!
BDoo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread