61.5 KB · Views: 661

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
wow! You sure got that shot clear! Very cool although I would not wanna be up that close and personal with her! ;)

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lovely photo of such a cute creature, ;D I have one or two of those but out of respect for the gals, I will just keep them on the CD for now.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
nice fla "banana spider" ---nasty bite but not deadly ---rather peaceful big time bug eaters--got bit by one once swell up a bit but it was just sore a few days ---not like those darn black widows--and brown recluse spiders --their really bad news---I really don't care for spiders all that much to be honest---but only kill the poisious one same as snakes---sorry if it deadly to me its a goner in my yard or house---if I run across it---(theres plenty of non deadly snakes and spiders to "pick up" the slack of eating bugs and mice---Ivan

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ooooh, another spider :o. I was going to skip this thread because of the title but curiosity got the best of me.

Great picture, though!

Cheryl

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Florida Banana Spider is correct Ivan. Also called Golden Silk. A very large spider. (Pic for size not mine) I have been bitten a few times. Once on the face. They are very common down here in the swamp and they build webs across hiking trails about face high. ::) Got one inside my shirt once or twice. Her mate is much smaller. I didnt realize they lived up your way.
BTW I was bitten by a Brown Recluse a few months back and posted pics of dead tissue but Im fine...Some good anti-biotics.

Attachments

• banana spider hand.jpg
    banana spider hand.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 389

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread