Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Re: Homesteads & Barns 7/25

not yet! Just got the photos from mom yesterday and the general area where they are. Hopefully we can work out something when we go riding...not sure!

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina

Cyn these are gorgeous :) It would be a dream to look at those landscapes each day :) I always enjoy your pics, keep posting ;D

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

CarolinaDigs said:
Cyn these are gorgeous :) It would be a dream to look at those landscapes each day :) I always enjoy your pics, keep posting ;D

thanks CD....after I showed Mom the Daily Snapshot she copied a lot of her pictures to discs for me to share with everyone. The homesteads and barns in the area have always been a favorite of hers and mine both. Mom and I are going to start riding together here again pretty soon and grandma too sometimes I hope! We should be able to get lots of great pictures then! :D

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Peaceful looking place,

Fossis...........

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Not sure? Cyn....that looks a treasure hunter's dream!

And your Mom took some great ics

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

fossis said:
Peaceful looking place,

Fossis...........

yeah makes me wanna jump on the horse and go spend the afternoon out there! :D

wesfrye53 said:
Not sure? Cyn....that looks a treasure hunter's dream!

And your Mom took some great ics

Doesn't it though! :D Mom has been taking some photography courses and yet she always took great ics....now she takes a lot more of them though! :D

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

Hey, Packerbacker, is that vehicle an old International Harvester Scout? Sure looks like one. They were the pioneers of the 4x4's.
--Mel

borninok

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Just talked to mom and she said these buildings are within eyesight of the structure I listed on "what is it" too so there is more information on that thread. :D

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's what it looks like Mel. It also looks like a Calif. plate mounted on the left side of the bumper instead of in the center where the plate would normally go. Could be WAY off on that observation though. Let's go check it out.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used

My oldest brother had a Scout for many, many, many years....it sure could go through snow drifts and mud. That's where I got my first hankering for a 4X4. In today's standards, they may have been gas guzzlers, but they outlasted a lot of VW Beetles.

I just zoomed in on the license plate....it is on the left side...and it does look to be a California tag, but not for sure.

Gosh, Cyn, that land has got to have some great finds buried there. WOW
--Mel

borninok

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

borninok said:
My oldest brother had a Scout for many, many, many years....it sure could go through snow drifts and mud. That's where I got my first hankering for a 4X4. In today's standards, they may have been gas guzzlers, but they outlasted a lot of VW Beetles.

I just zoomed in on the license plate....it is on the left side...and it does look to be a California tag, but not for sure.

--Mel

borninok

Mom said there were people there when she was taking pictures from the road but she knows of many old homesteads, some that are just foundations or cisterns in the area that are on public lands we could go look at. Grandma and her got to talking about communities that were here in the early '40s when grandma and grandpa moved here that are no longer there....grandma remembers them pretty clearly so maybe if I ever find time to stop running one hundred miles an hour we will go check some of them out with the detector! :D

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used

Cyn...well, stop running one hundred miles an hour.....99.5 mph will do....LOL Now, get that detector and start swinging! ;D ;D ;D ;D

--Mel

borninok

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Cynangyl said:
borninok said:

--Mel

borninok

Mom said there were people there when she was taking pictures from the road but she knows of many old homesteads, some that are just foundations or cisterns in the area that are on public lands we could go look at. Grandma and her got to talking about communities that were here in the early '40s when grandma and grandpa moved here that are no longer there....grandma remembers them pretty clearly so maybe if I ever find time to stop running one hundred miles an hour we will go check some of them out with the detector! :D

Wow, a possible trove of treasure sites! Maybe you should document you Grandma's recollections such as location and names of various settlements for future reference. That would make your research much easier.

Sounds like you have discovered the proverbial tip of the iceburg.

Happy Hunting ;D

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Wow, your Grandma is an awesome painter and your Mom takes awesome pictures! A lot of talent in your family. Great pictures!!

Cheryl

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Thanks! My mom is also a talented painter...she does different types of paintings than grandma but very good too! I do believe my mother has done every craft known to man and I have not seen one she is not good at! :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread