Nice shot, don't get any closer, he looks
ready to charge !!

Fossis...............

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
In Vermont my next door neighbor had a heard of beefalos (shaggy looking cows for sure) and flock (guess) of emus the meat on both was low cholesterol
Buff are mean animals but like cows are stupid which makes em dangerous----

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
bill gent said:

I learned this crazy (but true) fact from a Bison rancher here In Montana...

He says that (while not often) sometimes when he is in pasture with these beasts they decide they are going to charge him.

Key to surviving the charge is to wait until the last possible moment before simply stepping aside and letting the animal run by.
Apparently, they get a heading and distance on your location, charge straight at you, and prior to arriving bow their head as if to ram
you with it (which they will gladely do - killing you straight away I'm sure if they hit).

If you can wait for them to bow their head (without pissing your drawers) you can simply step aside and they just keep running by, no doupt wondering when the heck they will hit you. Giving you enough time to plan your next move... I guess. LMAO

I did NOT put this theory to the test. Those things used to derail trains in the late 1800s!

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Jim it's true. We had a white face cow that got a kick out of charging you, it took me a while to be able to just stand there. She was a mean one. Great pictures Ron, unbelievable the area you live in, and the shots you get!

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Montana Jim said:
bill gent said:

I learned this crazy (but true) fact from a Bison rancher here In Montana...

He says that (while not often) sometimes when he is in pasture with these beasts they decide they are going to charge him.

Key to surviving the charge is to wait until the last possible moment before simply stepping aside and letting the animal run by.
Apparently, they get a heading and distance on your location, charge straight at you, and prior to arriving bow their head as if to ram
you with it (which they will gladely do - killing you straight away I'm sure if they hit).

If you can wait for them to bow their head (without pissing your drawers) you can simply step aside and they just keep running by, no doupt wondering when the heck they will hit you. Giving you enough time to plan your next move... I guess. LMAO

I did NOT put this theory to the test. Those things used to derail trains in the late 1800s!

LOL Jim, I would probably get run over cause I don't think I could stay still. I use a long lens and stay behind the heavy duty electric fence used to keep these animals confined.

Appreciate Your input Jim,

Ron

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Ray S ECenFL said:
Those are some very nice pictures. Very sharp and clear.

(I always like to ask) What camera did you use for the pics?

Ray S.

Hi Ray,

I use a Canon 300D, these were taken with a canon 400mm 5.6L lens.

Thanks for kind words,

Ron

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
After being reminded by Montana Jim's post about the train derailings I am even MORE impressed with the pictures AND the thought behind staying behind the fence! ;) I am still amazed at the photos you took....incredible!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread