103.8 KB · Views: 157
  • moms paintings 009.jpg
    moms paintings 009.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 154

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
Re: In honor of Ron's post (grandma again)

Beautiful :) You need to load up your car with some of these paintings and start hitting the galleries ! I cannot imagine anyone not wanting to show her paintings ! I love the Buffalo painting ! What size is it ? She does sign and date all her work I hope :)

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

CarolinaDigs said:
Beautiful :) You need to load up your car with some of these paintings and start hitting the galleries ! I cannot imagine anyone not wanting to show her paintings ! I love the Buffalo painting ! What size is it ? She does sign and date all her work I hope :)

that one is mom's that she had grandma paint, it is 16X20. I just love it! She always signs them, sometimes dates them. Mom may have taken the photo before she signed it though...grandma has a tendency to finish and stare at them awhile wondering if she wants to change something for awhile before she varnishes them! ;)

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa

Grandma, you have more talent in your little toe, then I got in my whole body. I love your paintings!

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho

What can I say? These are just Awesome!!

Per my statementent in the other post about galleries. Maybe she doesn't want to sell through them. I know from my own experience that I quit selling in the galleries in Bend and Sisters because for consignments they charge about 40% commision. I can understand why, but it makes it difficult for the Artist to make it worthwhile.

Hopefully you can get your store operating, that would be a great place to sell her art.

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202

Cyn, I just shake my head with amazement at your Grandma's talent. Wish I could do just half as well as she does. I agree with CD; from now on when she paints, have her sign AND date them.

Fantastic Paintings Grandma!

Cheryl

Nov 28, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

I especially like the last one :D. Your Grandma must have a great sense of humor. More awesome pictures!! Love them!

Cheryl

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Thanks everyone! and yes Cheryl Grandma has a great sense of humor...she got a kick out of painting that buck down in the draw sneaking past the hunters! :D :D

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The last one is about true, those bucks are sneaky like that. I love the paintings very alive.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS

Sis my favorites list is getting longer. I bet they sell well at the new store. Absolutely amazing.

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

She definitely paints a bit of everything! If only I had a HUGE home so I could hang each and every one of her paintings in it I would be perfectly content! :D :D Yesterday she told me there was no way she could get my ocean painting done before my birthday (that would be a speed job for sure! lol) but was wondering what size I would like so I got an ocean scene coming! :D :D I am so excited!!

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

Well my fave is the antelope painting, but all of them are magnificent. What a gifted woman your grandmother is! Thanks for sharing these with us!

I wanna see more

~Nash~

OP
OP
C

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Nashoba said:
Well my fave is the antelope painting, but all of them are magnificent. What a gifted woman your grandmother is! Thanks for sharing these with us!

I wanna see more

~Nash~

lol folks are probably gonna be sick of them before I run out of postings! Mom gave me a CD of the photos she has taken of grandma's paintings and I have been going nuts posting them! :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread