Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were taken during last year's hay season. Won't be long will be cutting & baling again. I love the smell of freshly mowed hay and the beauty of round/square bales lying out in the fields, especially in the rolling hill areas.

bales1 (2).jpg
This pic was taken from side yard looking towards the hay field​

bales2 (2).jpg
In the fields​

bales3 (2).jpg
Another view
bales4 (4).jpg
Factory Defect ;D

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Nice pics RR,

I like the looks of those round bales for more reasons than one. When I was younger living in Oklahoma, I remember seeing the smaller bales in the fields as far as the eye could see, and i spent several summers putting it peoples barns by hand.

Neat post,

Ron

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay there RR ! Took this one last weekend ! ;D Have you noticed that when they wrap them in plastic they look like giant mashmallows and smell like frankenberry(strawberry) cereal !

Attachments

• Mvc-001f.jpg
    Mvc-001f.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 194

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics, I guess it finally dried out
down there enough to bale,
After three months of rain, (sometimes 3 a day),
my son finally got his baled today, sure smells good.

Where in OK were you from Ron? I did a lot of hauling
hay myself in my younger days

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
fossis said:
Great pics, I guess it finally dried out
down there enough to bale,
After three months of rain, (sometimes 3 a day),
my son finally got his baled today, sure smells good.

Where in OK were you from Ron? I did a lot of hauling
hay myself in my younger days

Hi Fossis,

I lived all over Oklahoma when I was growing up. The place I was talking about hauling hay was mainly around the Hartshorne and Haileyville area. Almost all my relatives still live in the Ardmore area, except for my Dad who lives out here.

I feel for Y'all getting all that rain, but I wish we had some of that here.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Fossis...then you remember "bucking hay bales", too. Whew! Kids nowdays would probably be kicking and screaming if they had to do that much work w/o their IPODs...he/ha

Back then, I weighed 130 pounds...skinny as a rail, but solid muscle. Now, I weigh....geez, what were we talking about?...ha/ha ;D After bucking hay bales, we used to take a dip in the water tank. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Great shots, RR!
--Mel

borninok

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
"bucking hay bales"--oh the memories. 95/110 lb. bales of haygrazer and alfalfa. Still have a nice round scar in the calf from a hay hook.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
We did PLENTY of bucking hay bales growing up having over 20 horses plus other various livestock to feed! OH MY how we loved those round bales when they showed up! :D :D and I am with ya RR....nothing like the smell of fresh hay!! :D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Nice shots RR. And yep, I remember the hot, hot summer days of loading those bales on the trailer then hefting them into the loft....itch, scratch, sweat...it all went with it. Even remember helping my Grandfather in western PA while he scythe"d the hay and I somewhat raked the hay with a pitchfork. Ah...the good 'ol days!

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can you picture kids today bucking bales????
I gotta laugh just thinking about it. I was a 98 pound weakling trying to pitch them 5 high up to my buddy. You were so tired and hungry, you didn't know which to do first. The farmers hardly put up square bales around here any more. At least my son got to do it once. It teaches them the value of a dollar.

Thanks for the memories

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread