Sightseeing In Idaho Springs

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
There were several interesting sites in Idaho Springs. BTW, if you ever go there, check out the Buffalo Bar and Grill. Makes me full just thinking about it again--1/2 pound of buffalo meat faitas.

One of the sites was this water wheel. S3010887.jpg

The waterfall and wheel. S3010900.jpg

The dedication plaque. S3010903 Resized.JPG

A reproduction of his dry washer. S3010905.jpg

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
COUNTRY GIRL said:
With all these awesome sites, you do have your detector with you I hope ;). So what did you find?

CG, while I was panning my heart out looking for the treasure; the wife walked upstream a little ways and found a pair of shoes on the bank. There was nobody around anywhere, no cars, nothing. She checked out the shoes (man's) and found a silver band ring with a colored stone in the toe of one. :P

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
stoney56 said:
COUNTRY GIRL said:
With all these awesome sites, you do have your detector with you I hope ;). So what did you find?

CG, while I was panning my heart out looking for the treasure; the wife walked upstream a little ways and found a pair of shoes on the bank. There was nobody around anywhere, no cars, nothing. She checked out the shoes (man's) and found a silver band ring with a colored stone in the toe of one. :P

Dang! That's something my hubby would do to me. I look and look for arrow heads. He just bends over picks one up, hey honey :P.

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
Hmmmm......"never kissed women or took baths".

Think the two are correlated?

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
SomeGuy said:
Hmmmm......"never kissed women or took baths".

Think the two are correlated?

lol..............now that's a definate maybe ;)

Jeff..............ring in shoes on bank............hmm........maybe he dove in the water and never came out??????? great pics, thanks! I'm loving these travel shots :D

OP
OP
stoney56

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Ashleen said:
Jeff..............ring in shoes on bank............hmm........maybe he dove in the water and never came out??????? great pics, thanks! I'm loving these travel shots :D

Ashleen, I seriously doubt that he dove into the water. The creek is pretty shallow in that section, although there are places further downstream where there's white water kayaking and we were told that there's more people every year dying from underestimating the current.

Attachments

• S3010660 Resized.JPG
    S3010660 Resized.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 243
  • S3010660 Resized.JPG
    S3010660 Resized.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 208
  • S3010605.jpg
    S3010605.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 227

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Stoney didnt say was while walking down the bank I also found 2 sm white crosses with pink flowers on them. Asked someone we know and they said that probably someone had drowned and the crosses had most likely been put on the other side so no one would steal them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread